Tech Tips

Tech Tips

Read handset reviews done by our Hubbernauts or catch up on tech news here

Ask a Question
  • •••
Pixel 4 – The follow-up

The Good Display – I must say, it is one of the best (if not the best) display that I have used thus far. The 90 Hz refresh rate is the ‘sweet’ balance between performance and endurance. Flagships from 2020 should all have that as a standard; it is hard to go back to 60 Hz once you get used to 90 Hz

Article

Oppo Reno 2 - Unboxing & Product Review by PK HAM (HamSmartTech)

Oppo Reno 2 Specs & Features Introduction The Oppo Reno 2 is a decent high end mid-range device, offering some of the best features of the Reno range at a competitive price. It’s processing power or camera spec are slightly behind those of the previous flagship Oppo phones. Nevertheless it is a devi

Article

My Time With The Oppo Reno2

I'm not a selfie fan but the word on the Oppo Reno2 was that its camera was good. So when the opportunity came up, I grabbed the chance to borrow a set to test and review. 1) The Unboxing   The retail packaging itself is shiny but also really tall. I've no idea why it's so huge but everything

Article

My first impression of Pixel 4 XL

I have been interested in Pixel phone when it was launched by Google since 2013. I do not have the chance to play with the phone until now. Let see what is my first impression of the phone.   Phone Packaging - The packaging is simple and clean, reminds me of another mobile phone brand packin

Article

First Look at Pixel 4

Design 2019 has been a rather exciting year for smartphone designs; foldable, dual display, pop-up cameras, thin bezels just to name a few. Interestingly, Google has decided to stick to the classic; a rather thick forehead which houses the front camera and sensors and a very ‘iphone-like’ proporti

Article

How to have unlimited storage with a Google Account

Yes, you read that right. With good house keeping, one can enjoy unlimited storage with a Google Account. Takes abit of work but well worth the effort.Gmail - Search for attachments, download and then delete these emails. Remember to empty your Trash. If necessary store the attachments in Google Dri

Question

Android Auto

Android Auto (AA) became officially available in Singapore Nov 2018 for Android phones with Lollipop (5.0), ideally Marshmallow (6.0) and above. To get the best experience, have an AA supported Head Unit (HU). Alternatively, install a third party HU such as Pioneer if this is not available. Benefits

Question

Why A Wired Router Bridge Should Be An Option

I said a fond farewell to my trusty old Cable Broadband services on 27 Jul 2019. It wasn't easy but it had to be done and it was a sad end to over 15 years I had with the service. D-Link DCM712   D-Link Router   The modem and router were old - those dusty things didn't get security up

Article

Unlimited Video Data for real?!?

Recently, I was hooked by the wide range of shows in Netflix! Yes, I knew I was late to this wonderful streaming service. However, I have limited space in my phone, unable to download the shows that I want to watch, and I do not want to use my limited 4G data to stream the shows when I am on the go.

Article

Router security - what you need to know to protect your home network

Let's address the elephant in the room. You may have read that some Linksys routers have security vulnerabilities. The first thought that you might be having is: Is the Linksys router provided by StarHub affected? The good news is, we have received confirmation from Linksys that the router models

Article

Get Started!

Ask a question

Popular Conversations

View More