Tech Tips

Tech Tips

Read handset reviews done by our Hubbernauts or catch up on tech news here

Ask a Question
  • •••
The Next Samsung Flagship - Samsung Galaxy S20+

It's year 2020.... and what a way to start with the new S20+ from Samsung.    First impressions::: + Beautiful and responsive screen + Superb camera  + Big Screen but comfortable on hands   - Not used to edged screen, especially on-the-go with videos. Accidental register o

Article

The Samsung Galaxy S20 - First Look

For those of you who purchased your Samsung Galaxy S10 models last year, I'm sorry - your phones are completely outdated. FEAST your eyes on the new sparkling and polished entry to the Samsung Galaxy series. The 10 year series is now over - it's time for the 20 year series!     &n

Article

StarHub SmartSupport Review

SmartSupport is StarHub’s new service to provided added protection for your mobile device. Some of the major features are:1)   Device ReplacementMissing or damaged phones can be replaced at a local address within 4 hours*2)   Data ProtectionEfficient Anti Virus ProtectionAuto backup contacts, photos

Article

Why you should turn on Airplane mode while on a flight?

Why you should turn on Airplane mode while on a flight? We all know that we are supposed to switch our mobile phone on Airplane mode before the flight departs. But why? What is Airplane mode exactly for? What does it do? Is it necessary to turn on Airplane mode while on a flight? Here’s what you ne

Article

Google Home

Google Home is great complement for information/ entertainment. As of 31 Jan 2020, it can play YouTube Music. Set YouTube Music as the default player. Here are the steps: Open the Google Home app . In the bottom right corner of the Home screen, tap Account . Verify that the Goog

Article

Waze Map Edits

Waze is a navigation app that provides live traffic and road conditions. This makes the application useful for drivers. Routes can be selected to minimize driving time, toll, avoid highways etc. Traffic conditions are reported by Waze users and these are incorporated into the algorithyms that predic

Article

WhatsApp stops support for older smartphones

PSA: Whatsapp is ceasing support for older smartphones. Update your operating systems before it stops functioning  Read more here on Channel News Asia

Question

Chromebooks - Cost Effective and Functional Computing

The following describes the computing needs of most users: Personal Information Management - Email, contact, task management. Productivity - Spread sheets, presentation, word processing and editing graphics. Media - Store/ watch photos/ videos, listen to music, read ebooks etc. Archive - Archiv

Article

Maintaining a good contacts database using Google Contacts

Everyone needs a good contacts database. With good house keeping, create and maintain a good contacts database. Best of all, it can be synced with an Android device. Access online via contacts.google.com and no longer fear loss even in the event of a device loss. Suggestions: Relationships - Enter r

Question

My personal review for Pixel 4XL after using it for a few weeks.

After a few weeks using the Pixel 4XL phone, there are a few things I like and I do not like about the phone.   My likes for the phone: The size and the feel of the phone. The size of the phone is perfect for me and I like the feel of the phone when carrying the phone. I do not think I will get a c

Article

Get Started!

Ask a question

Popular Conversations

View More