Skip to main content
Scam Alerts

Scam Alerts

Read about the latest scams to avoid falling prey to them. Share your stories of your scam encounters to help others learn from it.

Ask a Question
  • •••
Is this number +65 90245933 from StarHub?

Hi, I received a SMS notice from StarHub from this number +65 9024 5933 last week. I have previously received SMS notifications from other numbers but

Discussion

Does Starhub send promo notification SMS via +65 90245932 or is it a scam?

I've been receiving notifications about promotions and recontract from +65 90245932 and the link redirects to what seems to be the legitimate Starhub

posted 

a day ago

• 

Last response by 

Carla_P 

3 hours ago

Question

Robot scam call from +65 90587600

Received a call from +65 90587600 on Sunday 22 November 2020 at 11:26am. It was an automated call with female voice claiming to be from a company I h

posted 

2 days ago

• 

Last response by 

Carla_P 

9 hours ago

Discussion

Rise in Scams Involving WhatsApp Hijacking

The police have reported a rise in scams involving taking over of WhatsApp accounts.     HOW DO THEY DO IT? Typically, the scamm

Discussion

New Phishing Scams Involving Fake Bank Ads and Lucky Draws on Whatsapp and Facebook

The police have reported that a new phishing scam has surfaced on the internet where scammers try to obtain victims’ personal details including

Discussion

Scam Alerts: Protect Yourself Against Scammers

These days, scams come in many forms and if you do go online or own a mobile number, you leave digital footprints and you run a risk of getting your p

Article

Banking-Related Phishing Scams increased by more than 2,500% in Singapore in first half of 2020

As compared to the same period in 2019, the total number of banking-related scams increased by more than 2,500% this year and it ranks the fourth-high

posted 

3 months ago

• 

Last response by 

Jolene_L 

3 months ago

Article

Scam sites featuring StarHub logo "giving away" expensive phones, tablets and netflix subscriptions for doing survey / winning lucky draw

Hi everyone, Over the last few days, I stumbled upon this popup on my mobile browser and also noted that several customers had contacted us via Facebo

Article

NEW SCAM ALERT: Be Aware of Tech Support Scammers posing as StarHub Tech Support

Scammers are getting really “creative” in coming up with different ways to scam people, so we must ensure that we stay vigilant and alert in detecting

Article

Trolls on Disqus calling themselves "Starhub Official ✔️"

There were some discussions on Reddit and Hardwarezone about an account or two on the disqus widget embeded on downdetector's page. Let us set the rec

Article

Get Started!

Ask a question