Scam Alerts

Scam Alerts

Read about the latest scams to avoid falling prey to them. Share your stories of your scam encounters to help others learn from it.

Ask a Question
  • •••
U
Messages receive from StarHub

How do I know if I'm receiving any messages from StarHub is its a real message or a scam message?

Question

Suspect Fake Starhub web site

Can someone confirm the following web site is real or fake? https://starhub-business.com/?pwd=dhl

Discussion

Rise in Scams Involving WhatsApp Hijacking

The police have reported a rise in scams involving taking over of WhatsApp accounts.     HOW DO THEY DO IT? Typically, the scammer would add the targeted user’s mobile number to a new WhatsApp on his/her own phone. The victim would then receive a

Discussion

Security Alert - Fake StarHub Website to Steal Login Credential and Password

We have been alerted by the Police that multiple reports have been lodged by StarHub customers that a phishing email containing link to a FAKE StarHub’s website requesting for customers to provide their Hub iD, password, and credit card credentials. Below is the screenshot of the phishing emai

Question

Beware of Scam Emails

It’s never a bad time for phishing and scam emails. Bad actors are always looking for opportunity to capitalize on the trust weakness of the human nature to find a way into your life. This is especially so during the COVID situation when we have much more screen time than before. In the recent

Discussion

Received a message from 90247011 under Starhub

I've been receiving calls from 824 9380 and then 90247011 asking if my router is ok and if it was ok to pay a visit and then to call back 90247011 due to a call being missed. The callers sound suspicious and the information presented over the call is unclear. Is this a scam call or is this from Sta

Question

What are Spoof Calls and What You Should Do When You Receive One

Digital scam cases in the form of spoof calls are on the rise in Singapore.With call-spoofing technology, scammers can mask their original overseas number and appear as a local number on your mobile phone. Thinking that these callers come from legitimate authorities, many victims are tricked into tr

Article

Is this number +65 90245933 from StarHub?

Hi, I received a SMS notice from StarHub from this number +65 9024 5933 last week. I have previously received SMS notifications from other numbers but this one is new. Can anyone verify if this is legit?

Discussion

Is the +65 9024 0000 a starhub number?

I got this this morning, my number is under my dad<Rewards> StarHub: Dear Tan K*** T**** , Happy Birthday! To celebrate your special day, we've prepared some treats for you on My StarHub app. Head over to bit.ly/********> 'My Rewards' to view them now. T&Cs apply. To UNSUB, reply UNSUB.

Question

Scam call

I received a call from 88639725 and left a message as follows; "Your phone account will stop service in 2 hours time, please enter 5 to get more information." Obviously it is a scam. I don't think Starhub will call with such number. This is disturbing for subscribers and wish Starhub can try to tra

Question

Get Started!

Ask a question

Popular Conversations

View More