Resources

Resources

A library of self-help articles that you might find useful

Ask a Question
  • •••
Cyber Crime: Steps you should take to protect yourself and your loved one

Here are some practices that we can adopt to safeguard ourselves from falling victim to cyber crime. Unprotected devices (routers, webcams, printers, phones, third party TV boxes, network attached storage, etc) can potentially allow unauthorised access to sensitive data, like passwords, credit card

Question

Home Networking: Technical set-up in a 2-level home

Question How can I improve the wi-fi connection in my 2-storey house? Answer #1: Connection via Structured Cabling (Recommended) It is recommended to utilise Cat5/e cables to connect to other home networking devices within the home.     This is recommended for customers r

Question

How to improve your router's security

Wireless routers can be a target for cybercriminals. If someone gain control of a router, they can monitor or even tamper with a wide range of online activities.   Here are some tips on how you can improve your router's security.   1. Don’t enable remote management over the Internet Embedded web ser

Question

StarHub Network Management

Network management is commonly used by service providers to optimise the use of finite network resources in delivering services to their customers. It would allow end users to access the finite network resources and bandwidth that are commensurate with the plans they have subscribed to, so as to enj

Question

Broadband 101

Bandwidth vs Speed   When it comes to Internet connection today, Bandwidth and Speed are being used interchangeably although they mean different things. Speed is generally used by consumers to refer to how fast they can download files and upload files. Broadband Internet packages are sold based on t

Question

Landed Home Connection Requirement

Cabling Routes for Landed Houses   The diagrams below show examples of how cables can be run around and inside your home, and a close-up of the connection to StarHub's lead-in pipe.     Connection to StarHub's Lead-In Pipe Note: A separate conduit pipe is to be provi

Question

5 Tips To Get Better WiFi At Home

Staying connected has become a lifestyle necessity to many people. It is like water is to a thirsty man, can’t do without it! This is why a home WiFi network is important. There are still a few things we can do at home that can turn our good Wi-Fi network into a great WiFi network.   &n

Article

What should I do when I keep getting disconnected from my home WIFI?

Does this happen to you: Your internet get disconnected every now and then. The connection will come back after a moment, or you have to walk to your modem/router and restart the devices? Don't worry, we are here to help. Firstly, connect your computer to your modem or router using LAN cable and

Question

MaxInfinity Fibre Broadband Slow Access Basic Troubleshooting

(1) Are you on wired or wireless connection? Wireless Go to (3)  Wired Go to (2)  (2) Are you on direct ONT? Yes Go to(4) No Go to(5)   (3) Please perform a wired connection to the Optical Network Terminal or Home Gateway or router. Does the issue still persist?  Yes G

Question

MaxOnline Cable Broadband Slow Access Basic Troubleshooting

(1) Are you on wired or wireless connection? Wireless Go to (3) Wired Go to (2) (2) Please go to http://utilities.starhub.com and perform 3x bandwidth test. Are you getting at least 60% of the subscribed bandwidth? Yes Go to (6) No Go to (4) (3) Please perform a wired connection to the modem

Question

Get Started!

Ask a question

Popular Conversations

View More