StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio from SPDIF optical output of IPTV set top box

Valued Commentator

No audio from SPDIF optical output of IPTV set top box

Recently upgraded from cable to fibre TV. My connections are IPTV box HDMI out to TV and iptv box SPDIF out to my AVR. My IPTV box is Samsung GX -SH435EH.I have turned on Dolby in the IPTV box. I am not getting any audio out of the optical link. Tried with 2iptv boxes, same result. I had no  such problem with the same set up on my old Cisco set top boxes.

3 REPLIES 3
Grand Guru

Re: No audio from SPDIF optical output of IPTV set top box

Hi,

Don't think there is connection option for this as not shown in the maunal > GX-SH435EH

Refer to set up options on page 67 & 68 for HDMI and AV interface, respectively.

The > Cisco HD set top box do have the 3rd option on Home Theatre System (Digital Audio SPDIF).

i am not starhub staff.

Valued Commentator

There is an optical audio port in the diagram although manual never say about this connection. But when u activate Dolby, it will inform that my TV does not support (as I connect the HDMI out to my TV) but Dolby will be through optical output.  Wonder if starhub provide crippled boxes?!

Grand Guru

@Avon wrote:

There is an optical audio port in the diagram although manual never say about this connection. But when u activate Dolby, it will inform that my TV does not support (as I connect the HDMI out to my TV) but Dolby will be through optical output.  Wonder if starhub provide crippled boxes?!

The Set top box could be customize to Starhub specification by the manufacturer Samsung.

It may take some time for more features to be added in the future via upgrade firmware &or components.

There are already some complain on the resolution on this Fibre IPTV is not the same standard as those Cable Set top box, beside may include other features.

i am not starhub staff.