StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPTV Channel Change Lag

Senior Commentator

IPTV Channel Change Lag

Recently swapped out my cable TV for IPTV (fibre). Big mistake. There's a delayed response when you change channels. Sometimes, while waiting for the programme details to load, the info 'times out'. This can get really frustrating.

Trully considering switching back to cable.

Why on earth would starhub phase out cable when it was created for tv and fibre for internet? And I realise now, if fibre crashes (like it has done before), my tv will now be affected, when it wasn't before.

4 REPLIES
Alumni (Retired)

Re: IPTV Channel Change Lag

Hi scottklyne, there will be a lag of about 5 - 10 seconds for the change of channels - Han

Senior Commentator

Hi Han, thanks for the info. You with Starhub?
Grand Guru

For your info Starhub Cable network would ceased in early 2020.

Therefore both Cable Broadband and Cable TV services will no longer offer as contract term.

Even if you do not proceed to Fibre TV and to continue with Cable TV there are other points to take note.

Starhub TV service subscription without contract cost +$15 per month based on basic 3 tiers.

And anytime should this cable network cease you still have to convert to Fibre TV.

Should there be any disruption to Fibre Broadband connection the Fibre TV will still able to run.

If you notice that the connection to the ONT to 2 different ports for internet & TV separately.

But unless the NetLink Trust that run the Fibre network is damaged then both services will be down.

Fibre TV is on a separate bandwidth from Fibre Broadband as having a different IP Address.

Btw  Hanbali_N is Starhub staff.

I am not starhub staff.

Senior Commentator

So is there a remedy to this issue? Or am I just supposed to suffer in silence?