Did you mean: 

Feedback on a Sales Misrepresentation

Valued Commentator

Feedback on a Sales Misrepresentation

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Feedback on a Sales Misrepresentation

Hi darkknight, thanks for contacting us. As this requires us to refer to your account details, we are unable to assist you here on StarHub Community. Please direct your query over to Facebook messenger  (http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) so that we can log a case for you and respond to you there. Thank you!

Valued Commentator

Hi Starhub,

On the 10th june, spoke to ADA Ahmad from Dept - S90 to request for 1 to 1 swapping of tv box from cable to fibre tv without any change/disruption. Over the phone conversation (assuming it was recorded), it was confirmed to me that i am able to do it without any charges and it will be a seamless process. Was being put on hold for her to check and let me know.  I do not need starhub channels at the moment, just need Free to Air channels just like my current cabletv settings. I’m being promised it can be done. if not possible, i will simply just terminate starhub tv and will not proceed at all.

Due to that promise, i went ahead and allow starhub to install data point and cable extension on 22nd and 23rd June. However On 23rd June, the swapping of box did not happen as promised. I did not receive any further call from starhub explaining why. So i had to call Starhub consecutively for 4 days (23-26 jun) before someone get back to me on 27 June.

I was then being informed suddenly that starhub is not able to provide the swapping of box. Instead, i have to fork out $6+ every mth for rental of box and have to sign 2 yr contract of $16+/mth with basic grp package which totalled to $22++ every mth. This is contrary to what i was told before i made my decisions with starhub. This is totally unethical and unacceptable from Starhub!

What i cannot accept here is...At the very least, inform me before all the installations happen and not try to keep quiet until I called and escalated the matter!
Tele-agreement was on 10 jun...why am i not informed before the installation date on 23 jun? isn’t it obvious that this is a deliberate act from starhub?? There’s totally enough time to inform me of changes or amendments.

The complexity of this matter is that one action leads to the next course of actions. Now i’m being kept hanging in the air due to above situations.
Now how am i suppose to reverse all the installations done??

I was happy with what I was enjoying with all my starhub services and had stayed loyal all these years. I do not want to change anything if possible, but this change was initiated by Starhub. We as consumers had NO Choice but to comply. I received the sms stating “Switch to Fibre at no extra cost before your StarHub Cable Service ends.” I thought it should be no extra cost...apparently not.

I felt deeply disappointed and cheated by Starhub. It seemed a case of misrepresentation and omission of information by the Sales Staff at the point for me to make an informed decision. I believe for fair consumer protection and corporate responsibility, it is beholden upon Starhub to properly and adequately train your staff to clearly represent your goods and services.

I’m looking to seek your internal investigations whether there’s any malpractice here.
I hope Starhub can fairly and promptly address my concerns asap.

I may not be a big customer but still a loyal customer of 2 Broadband services, 4 mobile services and digital voice for many years.

Prior to this post, the Sales promised to call me back 24 hours but to date,  2 weeks had passed. i had written to the customer service email, he ignored me for 1 week as well.

Should I write to your internal legal counsel for advice on this matter?

Community Manager

We sincerely apologise for the service experience and inconvenience caused. Please direct your query over to Facebook messenger  (http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) so that we can log a case for you and respond to you there.