Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRM server error when using Chromecast

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

DRM server error when using Chromecast

Hi there,

I am attempting to stream a show on Starhub go select from my phone to my TV using Chromecast. However, I am being met with this error:

"DRM server error. Device limit has been reached. Reload your screen or try selecting a different video".

Selecting a different video doesn't help and I have tried resetting my TV phone and Chromecast. It works however when I just playback on my device.

6 REPLIES 6
Grand Guru

Re: DRM server error when using Chromecast

Hi,

Starhub Go can streaming on up to certain limit of devices at any one time.

Once the numbers of limited devices are reached there will not be allowed to streaming to anymore device.

However you can reset the number of devices via StarhubGo.com website.

Refer > What is Starhub Go

For Starhub TV customers

Using Starhub Go

5.  How do I de-register my device?
You can remove any of the registered devices by: - Login to starhubgo.com and click on your name at the top right corner - Select ‘My Devices’ in the drop-down menu - Select the registered device you wish to remove and click ‘Remove Device’ - Once successfully removed, simply log in with your new device and our system will
register it automatically.

i am not starhub staff.

Community Relationship Manager

Hey Reuben, Chromecast is not supported. We'd recommend that you sign up for our StarHub Go Streaming Box if you want to stream StarHub Go movies on your TV. -Jolene 

Senior Contributor

Thanks @eric3743! It works perfectly now.

@Jolene_L Seems like you are wrong... I am now able to cast to Chromecast just fine. FYI, it is a built-in functionality of the StarHub Go app as there is a cast button within the app itself.

Honored Contributor

I do not have any luck getting StarHub Go to work with Chromecast. 

Customer Service

You may wish to reinstall the App to see if it helps, ratatouille. For more info, please check out https://www.starhub.com/personal/support/services-and-plans/starhub-go/about.htmlSmiley Happy - Jackson

Honored Contributor

Hi Jackson. I do not have a DRM problem but I do have the Sound Unmute problem from time to time. I posted a message under a different topic and your colleague said that Starhub GO does not support Chromecast