StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Things to Know to Book a Phone

Community Manager

You’re almost there! Read our 8 quick tips below and be 100% ready for booking day!

FINALFINAL.jpg

83 Comments
Valued Commentator

Hi currently I'm using a prepaid card and wish to sign up the new S8+ and convert my prepaid line to post paid line and retain my existing no is it possible?

Hi @Bizkid, yes! You may visit any of our StarHub shops or simply visit www.starhub.com/store and do so. :-) - Sofia

AST
New Commentator

Hi,

I have registered for buying S8 but the booking slots it is giving are for 22nd April only. Now, I am overseas till 4th May. Can Starhub reserve a Maple Gold S8 set for me along with the Wireless Charger?

Thanks.

Community Manager

Hi @ AST,

Thanks for contacting us.

No reservations are extended for the S8 pre-order due to high volumes of pre-order bookings. Hence, do consider walking in from 29 Apr 2017 to purchase the handset instead.

Valued Commentator

Hi,

I'm currently in CIS, I'm due to book this afternoon 4 pm. Do I still need to provide my IC and company card?

Community Manager

Hi @ samcoal5,

No worries. You can e-mail in clear soft copies of your Staff Pass via customerservice@starhub.com after your successful booking to update your corporate discounts

Valued Commentator

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much.

Appreciate you quick response.

Esteemed Commentator

I have just booked the s8+ which i will collect on 22 apr 17. My venue is the courts megastore at tampines because all the Starhub stores  in bedok and tampines have late collections which I cannot take. I need to port over my M1 line. I received a form to ask me to send some info due to this being a port-over number. My company has CIS benefits so how do i get onto the CIS? Is it when i collect my s8+, i let them know i'm going on cis? But the courts megastore outlet is not a starhub shop, so will there be a problem? Please advise. Thanks.

Community Manager

Hi @ puffygal8,

No worries. Smiley Happy

After you've successfully collected your handset, send us a e-mail via customerservice@starhub.com with a clear colour copy of your Staff Pass and we'll be glad to update your corporate discounts.

Esteemed Commentator

Thanks Amy! Can I check whether the usual CIS benefits be still there? Eg free SIM card fee and activation fee, new customer discount, free caller ID etc?

Senior Commentator

I received email to book the samsung 8 on 18 Apr from 1 pm to 3pm.

On the day between 1 pm and 3pm, I was entering all the details and got stuck in the Collection/Delivery. 

Error message said 'Please enter valid address'

After talking to the customer service (1633) for about 15 minutes, he ended up telling me that there were no more samsung 8 stock available for online booking / order, and he advised me to go to the counter on 29 April onwards. Strange... is this how the online booking normaly works? I have only 2 hours slot to book and within 1 hour stock finished? I thought the given 2 hour was only to confirm my pre-order?

Community Manager

Hi @ puffygal8, we're not extending free SIM Card for this S8 Pre-order. Hence, you'll only be eligible to enjoy corporate discounts like free Caller Number Display after you submit your Staff Pass. 

Hi @ uangweb, thanks for contacting us. Stocks for the S8 are available while stocks last. Hence, if you're unable to secure a set during your booking slot, you'll not be able to try again. 

Do walk in from 29 Apr 2017 to purchase the S8 instead. Thank you.

Senior Commentator

@Amy: my slot is between 1 pm and 3 pm. The time i am replying your comment is still 2:54pm.. So by right I should be able to book right? but why the system give me 'Please enter a valid address' and the customer service told me no more stock?

Community Manager

Hi @ uangweb,

Yes, the booking portal closed early because all stocks for the S8 and S8+ in that time slot have been fully taken up.

Esteemed Commentator

Thanks amy. So will i be able to collect the wireless charger at the same time i collect my phone on 22 apr?

Community Manager

Hi @ puffygal8,

Yes, all items will be available upon collection/delivery. 

Senior Commentator

@Amy_Law: The system should give clearer message to indicate the stock availibity, rather than popping up message 'Please enter  a valid address'. My booking was delayed by missunderstanding the error message and the customer service did not immedately inform me about the stock availability and yet firstly telling me that the address mentioned in the system was not the same with the one I was entering (eventhough I entered exactly the same address with the one shown on the last bill I received). Later on the customer service told me that there were no more stock. 

Community Manager

Hi @ uangweb, 

Thank you for your feedback. We'll certainly share this with the team.

Valued Commentator

New Commentator

Hi

I have made a mistake in my booking - specifically, i chose the wrong collection address. Because i want to use my capitalland vouchers for this recontract, is it possible to change it? 

Hi @Hansel, once the form is submitted, you are unable to make changes. Thank you. - Sofia

New Commentator

Hi,

I missed the email regarding my booking timeslot. I was only informed less than a day and therefore couldn't react in time. can you please help me reschedule a new appointment time? Thanks

Community Manager

Hi @ Jenkins,

Thanks for writing to us. All the pre-order sets have been snapped up yesterday and we're unable to extend another booking. 

Do walk in from 29 Apr 2017 to take up the handset instead.

Esteemed Commentator

Hi, im doing a port over from m1, must i fill in the port-over form before i collect the set on 22 apr?

Community Manager

Hi @ puffygal8,

No worries. Our sales colleagues will be happy to assist you with the port over application during your collection.

Esteemed Commentator

Thanks amy but i'm picking up my hp from corts megastore, not the normal starhub customer service. And they can process the CIOS at the same time? No problems right?

Community Manager

Hi @ puffygal8,

Yes, all our partner stores can process port applications and update the corporate discounts as long as you present a valid Staff Pass.

Trusted Commentator

Hi, if I registered for the iPhone 8 plus and would like to change it to iPhone X. Do I have to re-register again? 

Community Manager

Hi followk3nny, yes you'll have to register your interest for the iPhone X at http://bit.ly/2h6IicJ.

New Commentator

Hi - I have a booking slot for 19th. How can I use a $50 voucher that was sent by Starhub for redemption against a new booking? Thanks.

Home Networking Expert

I was told by the CIS sale that I cannot pre-order iPhone if I plan to subscribe to CIS plan (first time), so if I want to get iPhone 8/X with CIS plan I must wait until the product is available in CIS portal first, is this true?

I have a slot to book my iPhone on 19th Sept, don't wanna waste it... planning to port 2 other lines into Starhub as well

Community Manager

Hi anz345, is that a recontract voucher? If you've chosen to recontract during registration, you should be able to see the option to utilize it when you purchase tomorrow. 

Respected Commentator

Hi 

Can I use my iPhone 5s for new iPhone booking?

Community Manager

Do you mean that you want to trade in? -Jolene 

Home Networking Expert

I have 2 lines registered under my wife name with Singtel - and I want to port both line to Starhub under my name - what do we need to do?

Community Manager

No worries. Please prepare clear colour copies of both your wife's and your own NRIC/FIN (both sides) for submission during the booking.

There'll be a clear prompt on how to port in your number during the booking itself.

Respected Commentator

Hi

Sorry no trade in. I mean can use with iPhone browser for booking?

Trusted Commentator

Hi here,

I would like to re-contract my phone line, can i get any discount voucher before re-contract?

Community Manager

Hi @ ayarsoe, we recommend using a laptop during booking for a more consistent connection.

Trusted Commentator

Hi. Currently, I have multi sim and Plus 3 for my Starhub mobile plan. Will these be auto renewed when I recontract my mobile plan? Besides, do I need soft copies of my IC or other documents for the iPhone 8 online booking? Thanks!

Community Manager

Hi @ May2008

Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, account details, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll check. 

Community Manager

Hi @ Darylyqj

Yes, your existing add-ons will continue to be carried over to your new plan unless otherwise stated.

If you're recontracting, you'll only be asked to present your documents during delivery/collection. 

If you're signing up a new line, then it's likely you'll need to prepare these ahead of time.

Trusted Commentator

Thanks a lot for the prompt and informative reply, Amy! Smiley Happy

Community Manager

You're welcome, @ Darylyqj. Everyone's so pumped up for tomorrow! 

Respected Commentator

Hi 

ok. By the way how can I redeem the voucher on the booking time? Will it be deducted automatically? 

Community Manager

Hi @ ayarsoe

If you login to the booking portal with your Hub ID, any existing recontract vouchers will be automatically used during check out. 

Respected Commentator

Ok thanks

New Commentator

hi,

would like to confirm, is there any specific starhub shop i need to go to for tomorrow? my slot is from 9amto 11am but it's doesnt say which  location. 

Grand Master

Hi  @ daylight_two

It is done via Online store.

Do note it is first complete (the process) first get.

Normally may be overbooked.

Do refer to the TOP on the procedure.

New Commentator

Hi, if i would like to extend my youth perks upon recontracting, am I still eligible to make booking during the designated slot for iphone8? 

Thanks.