GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording using HD Interactive set-top box?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Trusted Advisor

recording using HD Interactive set-top box?

Need to subscribe smart tv @$4.28/month then only can record?

http://www.starhub.com/content/support/tv/settopboxes/comparison.html

I need to buy this? There is no internal storage? Can i use my own external HDD as storage instead?

http://www.starhub.com/dvstorage.html

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hub Master
Solution

Re: recording using HD Interactive set-top box?

Yes. Need to have the subscription before you are able to do recordings on the HD Interactive.

Wouldn't be able to use your own external HDD though. You would need to purchase the storage drive that is up for sale. Do, however, be informed that if the storage drive is removed from one HD Interactive and connected to a 2nd HD Interactive, the storage drive would reformat the moment it is connected to the 2nd HD Interactive box.
Smiley Happy ## Love does not die because of distance. It dies because of doubt. ## Smiley Happy
Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hub Master
Solution

Yes. Need to have the subscription before you are able to do recordings on the HD Interactive.

Wouldn't be able to use your own external HDD though. You would need to purchase the storage drive that is up for sale. Do, however, be informed that if the storage drive is removed from one HD Interactive and connected to a 2nd HD Interactive, the storage drive would reformat the moment it is connected to the 2nd HD Interactive box.
Smiley Happy ## Love does not die because of distance. It dies because of doubt. ## Smiley Happy
Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.

View solution in original post

Trusted Advisor

Thanks for the information.

Hub Master

No problemo ~

Glad I could help.

Happy New Year! Smiley Happy