Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching Cable Tv in bedroom

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Commentator

Watching Cable Tv in bedroom

Hi, I have a problem here.

I have recently signed up cable tv with StarHub. 

As my parents are working most of the time and seldom watching, I decided to locate the Set-Top Box in my bedroom.

Here's the problem: there isn't any TV point(the one with 2 holes, TV & FM) in my bedroom. Routing the coaxial cable from the living room to my bedroom would be too long and cause signal loss right? 

Will installing another TV point in my room by Starhub solve the problem?

Will the reception be 100% clear in my room? 

Thanks

Regards, 

Wei Jie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hub Master
Solution

Re: Watching Cable Tv in bedroom

Yes.
If you are running the cable from living to bedroom, it can sometimes lead to signal loss.
Best to install a new cable point in your bedroom then.
If you are staying in a HDB or landed property, it would be $ 139.10 inclusive of GST 7%.
If you are staying in a condominium, it would be $ 155.15 inclusive of GST 7%.
Smiley Happy ## Love does not die because of distance. It dies because of doubt. ## Smiley Happy
Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hub Master
Solution

Re: Watching Cable Tv in bedroom

Yes.
If you are running the cable from living to bedroom, it can sometimes lead to signal loss.
Best to install a new cable point in your bedroom then.
If you are staying in a HDB or landed property, it would be $ 139.10 inclusive of GST 7%.
If you are staying in a condominium, it would be $ 155.15 inclusive of GST 7%.
Smiley Happy ## Love does not die because of distance. It dies because of doubt. ## Smiley Happy
Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.

View solution in original post