GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to obtain an IP address

Respected Commentator

Unable to obtain an IP address

All our starhub cable tvs are giving us an "unable to obtain an IP address" error. Called tech support but only to inform us that it can't be solved and a technician needs to check which we have to pay. We've been with Starhub for almost 10 years and paying more than $300 monthly and yet this is the kind of service we get. That means we have no cable tv for 3 days! What a great way to start our new year. 

4 REPLIES 4
Administrator

Re: Unable to obtain an IP address

Hi Mkmk, thank you for waiting. Are you still facing the same issue? If yes, kindly PM us an image of the error and your details (Registered Name, Registered Mobile Number and Hub ID/Email Address) >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

Respected Commentator

Yes. We are still unable to watch. Sent you the details. 

Respected Commentator

After you refreshed, it went back to normal. But now it is giving us again an error "No IP address assigned. Unable to obtain an IP address."

We have scheduled an appointment for technician in the morning today yet it didn't arrive. Then at dinner they called us telling us they can't come as the car broke down. They do not even have the courtesy to inform us and we waited for the technician.

I wish to cancel this, if this is not resolved until tomorrow. We have been facing this issue since Jan 1st. We will not pay for your termination fee since Starhub broke the contract by not providing us the service. 

I am extremely dissappointed!

Respected Commentator

Your technician came earlier today yet he said he can't solve the problem and he referred us back to the back end. The back end also can't solve the problem.

We have no service since Jan 1st. No one can solve the issue even your technician that came here to fix it said he can't do anything.

So why can't I cancel my Starhub service instead if there is no service provided and why I need to pay the termination fee when it is Starhub that does not follow the contract by providing service?

No one can give me even an estimate on when it can get resolved or if this will ever get resolved! 

This is a rip off! And extremely bad service!