Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub TV into different rooms in house

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Commentator

Starhub TV into different rooms in house

I've just joined Starhub with a HomeHub package.  My question is how do I get more than one TV in the house able to watch Starhub TV?  I understand that this can be done with TVAnywhere to PC or tablet but what about other TVs?  Do you need a separate box?

Everyone's Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hub Master
Solution

Re: Starhub TV into different rooms in house

You would require separate boxes as well as separate cable points.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
8 REPLIES 8
Hub Master
Solution

You would require separate boxes as well as separate cable points.
Home is where the ♥ is
Trusted Advocate

Another option is to by a US$35 Google Chromecast, by plugging this in to your TV's HDMI port you can "Cast" TVAnywhere to the TV using the Chrome browser with the Chromecast add-in. Just go to the TVanywhere web on your PC/Laptop, select what you want watch then "Cast" it to the TV by clicking on the "Google Cast" button at the top right of the browser window.

Of course the channel options are limited on TVAnywhere, it should be called "SomeTVAnywhere" Smiley Happy.

Trusted Advocate

Another option is to buy a US$35 Google Chromecast, by plugging this in to your TV's HDMI port you can "Cast" TVAnywhere to the TV using the Chrome browser with the Chromecast add-in. Just go to the TVanywhere web on your PC/Laptop, select what you want watch then "Cast" it to the TV by clicking on the "Google Cast" button at the top right of the browser window.

Of course the channel options are limited on TVAnywhere, it should be called "SomeTVAnywhere" Smiley Happy.

Hub Master

@Wurlitzer

You are right. As for the availability of channels, not all channels are available on TV Anywhere due to broadcasting rights issue.
Home is where the ♥ is
Honored Advisor

Hi Wurlitzer,

Do you know if the Chromecast can be used to cast the TVAnywhere broadcast from the iPad app?  Or only from a PC-based web browser interface?

Thanks,

sChen

Trusted Advocate

Sadly not yet.  The TV Anywhere app does not have a facility to cast itself and if you open it in the Chrome Browser on an iPad there is, currently, no Chromecast add-in available for Chrome under IOS. A lot of people are waiting for Google to provide this

Honored Advisor

Hi Wurlitzer,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried connecting TV Anywhere from my iPad to my TV using a HDMI cable ... not a satisfactory experience.  Screen size too small.

Hope there'll be Chromecast support soon.

Cheers,

sChen

Trusted Advocate

Yep, the small image would be an issue, the Chromecast solution would be the best as the dongle will connect directly to the TVAnywhere site and use the TV native resolution.

Just a note, there is a common mis-understanding rergading Chromecast, all the documentation states that the device used to do the the cast, i.e. the PC or laptop, must be on the same WIRELESS network as the Chromecast.  This is not correct, I regularly "cast" from my wired only PC in the study to my Chromecast connected to my TV in the bedroom.  The condition to allow this is that the PC and the Chromecast must be connected to the same router, that's all, the PC doesn't need to be connected wirelessly to the same wireless network point as the Chromecast.