cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub Fibre TV channel freezes

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Starhub Fibre TV channel freezes

Very irritated whenever I finish watching a recorded show and go back to live TV. Channel freezes and I cannot select channels.

Only way is to turn off power and reboot every time.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Starhub Fibre TV channel freezes

Hi @twooitr, sorry to hear about this. In this case, I suggest that you contact our Customer Care Support team on either Facebook or Twitter as this will require technical assistance to further assist you. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

I have the same problem for weeks!

Starhub replaced the box for me at the start of Circuit Breaker. Then the problem got worse, happening more often than my old fibre tv box. Now after 5 calls into their hotline, I'm still facing the same problem.

And Starhub Networking team recommends customers to simply turn off power and reboot every single time. At least until they can push a firmware update fix in LATE JUNE 2020.

Every single call so far has been to give me nonsense answers that show how much Starhub doesn't communicate internally. 

#CHANGE? #CHANGEfortheworst 

Highlighted

Hi @draco, sorry for the inconvenience caused. We need to refer you to my colleagues on Facebook or Twitter as this will require further technical assistance from a relevant team. They would also log a case regarding your concern and escalate it.

~ Carla
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

What's the point of this platform if you can't log a case and help?

@Carla_P wrote:

Hi @draco, sorry for the inconvenience caused. We need to refer you to my colleagues on Facebook or Twitter as this will require further technical assistance from a relevant team. They would also log a case regarding your concern and escalate it.

Highlighted

Hi @draco, unfortunately, we don't have access to your account details here on the Community. Moreover, this will require further technical assistance. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Tech support contacted me and offered me no solution at all. Options are:

(a) Pay to send a repairman to my house ~ no guarantees problem can be fixed

(b) There is a hardware fix coming up in end-June ~ no guarantee problem can be fixed

Last week, spoke to my auntie who had the same problem and paid to get someone to come down and fiddle with her set-top box. Problem may be linked to your recording device (hard disk). Repairman apparently did an upgrade for her and the problem is solved.

Well, up to now my problem is not solved, I'm waiting for June. Turn off and on each time I toggle from SmartTV to regular TV. Guess I'm stuck with Starhub.

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

@twooitr They can't offer you any solution because they are still unable to find the root of the problem. 

I was offered option a too, after at least 5 phone calls, several emails and facebook post, they finally sent a direct staff today to replace my box and change my firmware to 6.71 (which is what they are claiming to be a stable version which may probably fix this very issue as well as problems associated with VOD channels). 

Before this, i was told that they were looking into the issue and the earliest they can push a firmware update to fix this is late june. But i think it's safe to say this is nonsense. Because two days later i got a call saying they got the fix, just pending approval, and will give me a call back when updated, but only issue was they never did. 

I emailed Info@IMDA.gov.sg for their assistance on this matter, perhaps you want to send an email their way too before they start to take us seriously.