Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub Cable Set-Top Box Internet Setting

SOLVED
Han
Esteemed Contributor

Starhub Cable Set-Top Box Internet Setting

Recently subscribed to StarHub Cable TV which comes with 1 mbps internet. Tried to connect to my smart TV to the top box, it prompt me for IP Address, Gateway, DNS. May i know how to configure this in order for me to get my Smart TV online.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hub Master
Solution

Re: Starhub Cable Set-Top Box Internet Setting

Hey Han

We have solved the mystery.

The HD Interactive Set-top Box does not come with the free 1Mbps broadband service. Even though it has a built-in modem, you are unable to connect as there is no MaxOnline service activated on the device.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hub Master

You might need to refer to your TV vendor since their service is plug-n-play.

Unless your TV is prompting for either Static or Dynamic IP, select Dynamic IP.

One alternative, try and connect a laptop/notebook to the set-top box and see if you are even able to get any internet access. Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy ## Love does not die because of distance. It dies because of doubt. ## Smiley Happy
Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.
Hub Master

Hi Han

Has the issue been resolved? Please inform me if you require any assistance.

Home is where the ♥ is
Han
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kai Boon,

I tried connecting my laptop to the set-top box. Still no internet connection. Anything else i could try out in order to get online to the web? 

Hub Master

Maybe try calling the hotline so that they can check if you indeed have that 1mbps connection as you mentioned? Any idea what kind of box you are having? The Hubstation HD or the HD Interactive? From the website, seems like only Hubstation HD offers free 1mbps until 31/12/2012. Not for the HD Interactive though.

http://www.starhub.com/tv/packagebuilder.html?product=settopbox
Smiley Happy ## Love does not die because of distance. It dies because of doubt. ## Smiley Happy
Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.
Han
Esteemed Contributor

I'm using CISCO 4586DVB box. Smiley Happy

Han
Esteemed Contributor

Yes,i'm using the Interactive box, there are 2 ethernet slots at the back for internet use.

Hub Master
Solution

Hey Han

We have solved the mystery.

The HD Interactive Set-top Box does not come with the free 1Mbps broadband service. Even though it has a built-in modem, you are unable to connect as there is no MaxOnline service activated on the device.

Home is where the ♥ is

View solution in original post