StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StarHub TV set-top

Valued Commentator

StarHub TV set-top

A brief introduction, I have been with Starhub since 2001 and had no issues with its services. But recently, I had a rather unpleasant experience in transitioning from cable TV / Broadband to fiber.

On 18 March 2019, I called customer services to arrange for the transition and two appointments were fixed for 1. Installation of the fiber point on 22 March and 2. Installation of the fiber modem and router on 26 March. The CSO said that she would arrange for termination of the cable broadband and TV (as I mentioned I would like to do away with TV services) at the point of activation of the fiber based plan. Both appointments took place without incident.

I received my latest e-bill and noticed that I was still being billed for my cable TV services. When I called the customer services on 15 April, I was informed by another CSO that my cable TV would continue until I returned both of my set-top boxes. Unfortunately, by that time, I had disposed both of the set-top boxes and was informed that I would be charged $300 for terminating without returning the set-top boxes. Given the circumstances, I was not given much of a choice, I called customer services back the next day, 16 April to proceed with the termination, bearing in mind that I have to pay $300 as penalty. 

My issue with Starhub is as follows :-

1. The first CSO did not tell me that I had to return the set top box in order to terminate the cable TV plan and had even told me that she would terminate it for me once my fiber basaed plan activated. Neither did either of the technician crew that came to my premises mentioned anything when I told them I am doing away with the TV services.

2. One of the set top boxes actually belongs to me as Starhub had in the past had a promotion to sell the set top boxes to its customers.

3. The penalty of $300 is very ridiculous, given these are obsolete equipment for a service that is being discontinued nation wide - I fail to see how this is a genuine estimate of damages at this point of time. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: StarHub TV set-top

Hi Mooncake Cat, please PM us your concerns along with the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address, service address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Valued Commentator

Re: StarHub TV set-top

After a couple of PM and teleconversation, I am pleased to let the Starhub Community know that Starhub has decided to wavier the penalty charge for the disposed set-tops.

I would like to extend my appreciation to Starhub for their swift response.