GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sluggish set-top box

Esteemed Commentator

Sluggish set-top box

Is it just me, or are the new fibre-ready set-top boxes more sluggish? I can change the channels but it takes a good 5 seconds before the channel gets changed and the synopsis for the program on the previous channel still shows. I have been told there is a faster option (mine’s a Samsung STB) somewhere provided by Starhub but it was not offered to me.

Also, the cable that links the internet router and the STB is too short, that the Starhub technician had to reorientate my router to face the wall, changing my internet coverage and blocking my view of the pilot light on the router ( useful as I have had a stroke and not very ambulatory).

12 REPLIES 12
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Sluggish set-top box

Hi Quayside

Do reset your set top box (and ONT, if using Fibre TV) to refresh your connection and see if this helps.

If this recurs, let me have your registered name, contact number, affected service address and Hub ID / email address for verification by clicking the red words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so I can check on this for you. 

- Amy
Esteemed Commentator

I’ve PMed you, but not sure if it is done correctly.

Community Manager

I've responded to your PM. Thank you.

Esteemed Commentator

It’s a lot better, though the synopsis of the channels’ programmes still lag. Thank you.

Now, how about the cable/wire question and the lack of complete coverage of the apartment?

Community Manager

I've sent you a PM. Thank you.

Esteemed Commentator

When I converted from cable TV to fibre TV, the technician who installed the STB (he noted that I was already on fibre broadband) used the existing wire/cable to link the internet router and the STB.  He remarked that the wire was a little too short, so he had to reorientate my internet router, resulting in it facing the wall and masking the pilot light on the router from my view (I didn’t notice this then).

I have had a severe stroke since 3 years ago and therefore not very ambulatory.  The pilot light helps me know my router is working.  So now I have to get up and check whenever the internet is not working to determine if it’s the result of the router not functioning or something else.

Worse still, whilst I had complete internet coverage in my apartment previously, now it seems that I no longer enjoy this.  There are “cold” parts in my apartment.  I hope you can help.

Community Manager

As this is an account-related query, please respond via private message so that we may arrange for assistance. Thank you.

Esteemed Commentator

I wanted to but couldn’t.
Community Manager

Please PM us by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance.