Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Error 2001 on Fibre STB

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Signal Error 2001 on Fibre STB

Hi,

Am facing the dreaded "Signal Error 2001" message on my Fibre TV box.

I'm running the STB-ONT connection through a pair of managed switches (as per here), and I believe my configuration is correct (VLAN managed, tagging 1091). The set-up works but I get the 2001 error message once in a while (2-3 times per day). It's not an issue with my network as I get this even when running a direct connection between ONT and STB. Error message persists even after replacing STB.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/Unifi-Starhub-IPTV-Setup-issues-Singapore-cons...

Appreciate if a technican (with the knowledge of managed VLANs) can follow up with my case.

Separately, I would like to express my displeasure on the following:

1) From the various issues reported here, it's evident that there are stability issues with Starhub's implementation of IPTV services. However, Starhub is trying to charge $53.50 for every service call, when it's their perogrative to provide a stable, functional service. Wonder how many times have they gotten away with the charges.

2) The Samsung Fibre STB has poor earth grounding and is leaking electricity at the rear panel. Because of this, everything connected to the STB (including the TV) is conducting electricity. The replacement box exhibits this same issue. Please look into this matter.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Re: Signal Error 2001 on Fibre STB

This electrical issue sound bad.

Most of these boxes are essentially ground isolated using only 2 wire connections to the power bricks. only the HDMI cables would perhaps be providing a ground unless you have the RCA connections to an AVR for example.

I might get a meter out and do some checking when I get some time tho.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi borez, we sincerely apologise for the service experience. Please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi zwizardofoz, please PM us the error screenshot along with the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address, service address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Hi,

Thanks and sent.

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

I don’t have this this issue just was wondering what might cause it.

if you can detail how to use a VLAN on ones own network that would be of a lot of help for many. VLAN 1091 doesn’t seem to work.

Highlighted
Community Manager

I've responded to your PM and have arranged for assistance from our technical team. Thank you.

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Thank you, appreciate the prompt assistance.