GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set top box collection hidden charges

Valued Commentator

Set top box collection hidden charges

Recently, I terminated my starhub fibre tv subscription after my previous contract ended, and arrangement was made by the CSO (1633) for collection of the set top box. When the technician came and collected, I was told to sign a form which I thought was an acknowledgement for the box collection. After the tech left, I was checking my emails when I came across a work order bill, which stated I had to pay $53.50 for the box collection. I immediately called 1633 to raise my concern. But the 2nd CSO told me that only the first CSO can assist my query about why the charges were not explained to me by both the first CSO and technician, and a call back would be made within the next two working days, which I have yet to hear from. I also sent a PM via the community page and got the same response. I had read before such shady practices by starhub in the past where the charges were only known to the customer when they receive their latest bill, and had faith that starhub had resolved this issue. Apparently it has not. The charges are also not stated anywhere in the starhub website for collection of the set top box upon termination of the tv service. I would also like to ask if anyone here had encountered such issue in the past? And was the issue resolved thru waiver of the charges or otherwise. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Respected Advocate

Re: Set top box collection hidden charges

Then the charge is for Service Call Charge (Transport charge).  $12.84 transportation fee will be charged for each service call. $40.66 for first HubStation HD/HubStation/HD Interactive set-top box.

Personally, I do not think it's unreasonable to expect some charges if you request for collection of the STB. I do agree that the CSO who you made your request with should have told you about the charges.

This is the full list of charges on Starhub site.  >> https://www.starhub.com/personal/support/services-and-plans/tv-billing/additional-charges.html

Sure it's not called 'Collection of STB' charge but I think 'Service Call Charge (Transport Charge)' is self-explanatory. 

Valued Commentator

Re: Set top box collection hidden charges

Hi there. Thanks for sharing your tots. The issue has been settled. Firstly just to clarify I didn't request for the collection as I had offered to bring the box down to the shop. As this was not available the CSO arranged for the pick up. Secondly, I Advocate that the charges (if any) be made known to the customer if it's a common practice for calls, transportation etc. Cheers.