Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set-Top Box Not Working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Set-Top Box Not Working

My Set-Top box shows SIGNAL NOT FOUND.

I guess I'll have to get a replacement tomorrow, assuming it's a set-top box issue.

Question is, I have FIBRE internet at home, but I was given this old style box.

Will it be better to get the IPTV one instead ? Will it be more reliable ?

20170706_210625 copy.jpg20170706_210629 copy.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Set-Top Box Not Working

Thanks for all who replied.

As I have suspected, there is no signal coming in from the main distribution point outside my unit. So, it won't matter how many times I changed the set-top box, it'll still be NO SIGNAL.

Now, it's back to my condo management to get this fixed. (Again, expecting a lot of finger pointing, but at least it's clearly nothing to do with the cabling at my unit any more.)

19905275_10155468600654509_7706680351192858009_n.jpg

Cheers

8 REPLIES
Grand Master

IPTV give you benefit of both worlds.

>> Fibre TV Set-Top Box

Such as watching 2 channels side by side or Picture-in-Picture, recording and watching different channels at the same time, access directly to Netflix with subscription via IPTV optional, etc.

Firstly the cost would be cheaper at $6.42 (incl gst 7%) then the cable set-top box.

But if you want to include recording purpose, an additional of $4.28 (inc gst 7%) is required and you have to get yourself a external HDD on WD Passport Ultra 1TB.

In order to have IPTV, the ONT have to be reset by Starhub.

Most, of not all, ONT are preset by ISP(s) according to the subscriber plan.

In other word, you may have to bring along your ONT beside the Cable Set-Top box.

But it is best to have a subscribe as new IPTV in order for them to change the ONT at your location and bring the IPTV Set-top box to you so as to install and test.

They may even have to take back your original ONT to bring back to reset and then return to install.

For the best method, you could write to forum staff to assist you.

You can request for immediate and to escalate your case as you are having problem now.

Do PM (private message) forum staff to look into your case on this matter.

On top right next to your name click on the Icon and select the Message icon.

As in email format, select >> Compose New Message

In the *Send to; forum staff >>  Amy_Law, Jolene_L

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Registered subscriber Name, NRIC/FIN number, contact, email.

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much. This sounds really complicated for a TV service that honestly I don't use much at all.
I guess I'll just try to swap the box for the same model, and hopefully that fixes it quickly.
Just not worth going through all that trouble with the ONT/IPTV when I'll probably be watching YouTube on my laptop all the time anyway. Cheers.
Community Manager

Hi kazsoft, have you swapped set-top boxes yet? Do you require my assistance? - Diane

Honored Contributor

I've got a replacement box from Plaza Sing today, but still get the exact same SIGNAL NOT FOUND problem.

So, tried connecting from a different cable point (which was working previously,) and it's showing the same SIGNAL NOT FOUND message.

So, it's clearly a cabling fault external to my unit (as there's been no change at at in my apartment.)

Will Starhub to able to send someone to check and get it fixed asap ?

20170707_212646.jpg20170707_212654.jpg20170707_212658.jpg

Thanks

Community Manager

We've forwarded your PM to our support team and they'll be in touch.

- Amy
Honored Contributor

Thanks. Since it's clearly a cable fault, I've contacted our condo manager this morning. However, he says the cabling is maintained by the TELCO, so it's not his responsibility.

So, I called Starhub 1633 and logged a service call. After doing all the standard troubleshooting (again), got an on-site apointment for tomorrow morning.

So, I will be paying for an outage that is clearly not my fault (since BOTH my cable outlets are not getting any signals.) But if this can be fixed it's still okay. If it needs another day to coordinate with the TELCON and/or other contractors, it's really going to drive me mad.

Also, I got a call from 6809-7000, after my condo manager says Starhub will be calling me. But my phone shows "POSSIBLE SPAM CALL" so I did not answer it. If this is a number Starhub is using, please check your spam call number list.

So, just hope the Starhub technician coming tomorrow morning can get this resolved once and for all.

Thanks for all the replies.

Grand Master

Hi  @ kazsoft

"POSSIBLE SPAM CALL" are possible managed by 3rd party apps.

Most phones numbers from Telco(s) are not listed, as nowadays it is not allowed to have phone numbers listed in the phone directory, due to personal info.

Hence most 3rd party apps may not able to have such info and marked as spam, commonly used term.

So having 3rd party apps on this may not be much if they are unable to get info from internet.

Beside on the fault due to outside cabling, you should take note if anyone could have damaged it.

As it fall under condo management, it is best to let them look into it as it just happened to you.

And the fault may not lies within your premise, so it should not be your responsible.

This is my opinion and views.

It is good to know that you have decide to continue using the same cable tv.

This is to avoid you having your fibre broadband discruption and may cause unknown issues.

Should in future you are upgrading your plans, maybe at that point then you can decide on IPTV.

It is that i have upgrade the HomeHub 1000 plan and i decided to go for IPTV, partly because it is free IPTV subscription thus do have saving.

Regards

Eric.

Honored Contributor
Solution

Thanks for all who replied.

As I have suspected, there is no signal coming in from the main distribution point outside my unit. So, it won't matter how many times I changed the set-top box, it'll still be NO SIGNAL.

Now, it's back to my condo management to get this fixed. (Again, expecting a lot of finger pointing, but at least it's clearly nothing to do with the cabling at my unit any more.)

19905275_10155468600654509_7706680351192858009_n.jpg

Cheers