cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Faulty Set-top Box and got no help from customer service

EL1
Respected Commentator

Received Faulty Set-top Box and got no help from customer service

Yesterday, we installed our new google wifi and fibretv. During the installation, everything looked fine and everything was working, except for the technician's slight difficulty with the remote control. 

To our horror, after the technician left our house, we noticed a crack in our set-top box while we were changing our dvd (dvd player is right beside the set-top box). The crack is not visible unless you are very close to the the set-top box. The technician did not tell us about the crack and did not ask us if we were okay to accept a slightly cracked set top box. In addition to a cracked set-top box, we were also given a faulty remote control. How can Starhub technicians be so irresponsible? Even the Set-top boxes were not properly stored in boxes to protect from external damages enroute to subscribers. 

We called starhub customer service earlier and they told us that we would have to pay for damages when the set-top box is returned in the future. As this is not damaged by us, it is unfair to charge us for the crack. 

As such, we would like to request for a new set-top box that is not damaged.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Received Faulty Set-top Box and got no help from customer service

Hi EL1

I can certainly see why you'd be frustrated.

Let me have your registered name, contact number, affected service address and Hub ID / email address for verification by clicking the red words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so I can arrange for technical assistance. 

- Amy
EL1
Respected Commentator

Dear Amy,

A technician went up to the affected service address today and was told to do the swap without charge.

Despite having that instruction, he proceeded to call his manager and was told that a fee of $300 would be charged until imvestigations were done to determine the box had arrived at my home damaged.

The technician then conveyed this message from his manager to us. 

As the set-top box is not damaged by us, we refuse to pay the $300 penalty for damaged box. It would be unfair to make us pay for something we didn't do.

We have been using starhub for more than 15years and this is the first we heard of such practices. Please look into the matter and get back to us as soon as possible. 

Thank you. 
Community Manager

Hi EL1

Rest assured I'll be contacting the relevant team to assist you on your concerns.

My apologies on the inconvenience caused.

- Jackson