cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems encountered with set top box

SOLVED
Respected Advisor

Problems encountered with set top box

With the advices from Starhub's services staff, I have recently changed my Cable TV to a IPTV which was just less than 2 weeks ago. The exact date of installation was on Thursday 26 October 2017 morning.

Everything was working fine except for the error message "Unsupported audio signal, Check your dev‪ice output", which occured everytime when I do a re-boot to the new set top box.
Please refer to attached Image 1 below.

Fortunately, it seems that this existed error did not hinder my TV programs viewing. Audio sounds were audible even though this error message is related to audio signal.

However what I have encountered during the last one week plus after installing IPTV were the following.

1. I was unable to switch on the set top box with the remote control. It has happened twice already. On these two occasions, the set top box was on standby mode and when I used the remote to press the power button, there was no response at all. The power button on the remote flickered with blue light and the set top box remained with red and orange lights.
After several unsuccessful attempts of trying with the remote device, eventually I gave up and switched off and on the power supply for the set top box. Hence the process of booting and loading begins which caused inconveniences to us.

2. This evening my family and I were watching the Taiwan drama series and suddenly my TV went blank which left with a total black screen. It is something like BSOD in computing terms but for this I would name it as Blank & Black Screen Of Death (BBSOD).
The set top box lights were still at green and orange but with TV screen blank and black. I tried pressing various buttons on the remote control but totally with no response. Eventually re-booting was the only solution to this issue.
This is the first time I have encountered BBSOD.

Bearing in mind both the set top box and remote control are new as claimed by the outsource technician who did the installation and I only possessed them for less than 2 weeks.

Hopefully I am not given a refurbished set top box which I believe will not as IPTV is still in its early introductory phase but the possibility will be the remote control unit as it is identical with the last unit I used for my cable TV.

In view of the above unpleasant encounters which have occured in less than two weeks after the IPTV installation, I seek your kind advices with possible solutions to overcome these annoying issues.

I certainly look forward to hear from you soon.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Good day.

Image 1.JPGImage 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Respected Advisor
Solution

Re: Problems encountered with set top box

My case is deemed as closed.

May I request for assistance from Starhub Community administrators to close this thread.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Good day.

26 REPLIES 26
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @cykMike, please send me a PM with the subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN and email address for verification. Let me assist you. 

Respected Advisor

Hi, Diane_R,

Thank you for your kind follow up.

As per your request, I have already sent my personal particulars to you via PM.

Good day.

Respected Advisor

Hi,

Although Starhub's representative has arranged for a technician to visit my residence on this coming Wednesday morning, I would still want to report a new issue for the purpose of recording to enable easy traceability.

This evening, while watching a local TV drama series on Channel 103 with my family, we encountered a sudden re-booting of the set top box.

We noticed a short screen freeze before it goes into re-booting mode with the Starhub logo and loading process.

I now begin to wonder whether the fault of all these unpleasant encounters in a short span of time after the installation of IPTV is related to the set top box.

Hopefully on this coming Wednesday morning, the technician will bring along a new unit of IPTV set top box and a new remote control.

Hi Diane_R, appreciate your kind assistance to pass this latest information to your tech team.

Thank you.

Good day.

Respected Advisor

Starhub's tech came this morning to my residence and changed both the IPTV set top box and remote control.

As according to this tech, the error message "Unsupported audio signal" may probably be due to my old TV with incompatibility audio codec codes.

Fortunately with the existence of this error, it did not hindered the booting and loading process.

Eventually after the loading process was completed, image and sound derived without any abnormalities.

As for the other encountered issues as tabulated below,

a. TV screen suddenly turned black and cannot be resumed, hence re-booting of set top box required.

b. Set top box on standby mode but unable to turn on using remote control, again re-booting required.

c. Image freeze for few seconds then set top box auto re-boots by itself.

The tech suspected that the occurence of these issues may be related to a defective set top box.

With the change of devices done, I just have to continue monitoring the situation.

Hopefully all unpleasant experiences and encounters will be resolved totally.

This tech also mentioned that if these issues still persist, he requested me to contact Starhub and this time around the necessity to change the ONT.

Good day.

Valued Commentator

Have you checked if your neighbors have a similar issue? Once in a while the computerized stations simply go off the air, for example a month or so prior all the advanced tranmissions originating from Wagga vanished for a day.

This is a wound oblivious however we had issues with our STB until the point when I found we expected to download a program refresh off the net. Just went into the organizations site, found the product refresh for our specific box, stacked it onto a flashdrive which at that point got connected to the STB. Hello presto, it settled our concern. The individual who revealed to me this said nation individuals particularly may need.

Estimated time of arrival Just rehashing your post, did your STB ever work or is it new? In the event that it is new then yes you may need to investigate boosting your flag. Once in a while it is a straightforward matter of altering the course of your reception apparatus.

Likewise are your lines in the right "in" or "out" attachment

source

Valued Commentator

@cykMike wrote:

Starhub's tech came this morning to my residence and changed both the IPTV set top box and remote control.

As according to this tech, the error message "Unsupported audio signal" may probably be due to my old TV with incompatibility audio codec codes.

Fortunately with the existence of this error, it did not hindered the booting and loading process.

Eventually after the loading process was completed, image and sound derived without any abnormalities.

As for the other encountered issues as tabulated below,

a. TV screen suddenly turned black and cannot be resumed, hence re-booting of set top box required.

b. Set top box on standby mode but unable to turn on using remote control, again re-booting required.

c. Image freeze for few seconds then set top box auto re-boots by itself.

The tech suspected that the occurence of these issues may be related to a defective set top box.

With the change of devices done, I just have to continue monitoring the situation.

Hopefully all unpleasant experiences and encounters will be resolved totally.

This tech also mentioned that if these issues still persist, he requested me to contact Starhub and this time around the necessity to change the ONT.

Good day.

Respected Advisor

Thanks for your input.

I believe my situation is not a complicated issue.

Seems to me the problem thus far could possibly be the defective STB which I had received for the initial installation.

Since the change to another "new" STB which was 3 days ago, it is performing well and hopefully it maintains in this positive mode and serve my family with viewing pleasures.

I will continue to monitor the situation and definitely will report if similar problems or new issues emerge.

Good day. 

New Commentator

Terrarium TV application is principally intended for the Android gadgets. Along these lines, you ought not have any issues introducing it on your Android cell phone or tablet. Google Play Store doesn't highlight this application for specific reasons. This is the motivation behind why we will Download Terrarium application APK for establishment. It doesn't expect you to root your Android so there is no compelling reason to stress. Our guide will make this procedure straightforward for you. Here are the means to download Terrarium TV most recent variant.

Respected Advisor

Hi,

Your reply and input are irrelevant to my mentioned issue.

Good day.