Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with viewing some channels

Valued Contributor

Problem with viewing some channels

5 REPLIES 5
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem with viewing some channels

Sorry. This is my first post! I should have been more specific. I have problem viewing some channels. BBC, CNN, Lifetime, WB (pixel problem). Tried to disconnect and reconnectg the cable to the box but doesn't seem to work

Grand Guru

Hi  @Dory

At least you do provide some details.

I assumed your setup is HDMI connection between TV and Set-top box.

This may be the cause on the TV setting on the resolution.

I did come across, and luckily it happened when i had internet issue.

The technician just switch to the correct HDMI resolution on the TV.

This is mostly on HDMI as resolution may also depend on Channel in HD mode or not, which may not be an issue.

HDMI resolution is the main culprit, so try to 'play around' on the resolution setting.

Resolution depend on the TV with; 1080i, 1080p, 571, etc.

Once your setting on the TV resolution is done, the rest of the channel should not be any issue.

The other issue could be the Set-top box for both Cable & IPTV, which may not.

After that incident, i leave my Set-top box on 24/7 by using the Set-top box remote control to turn off to Standby.

Sometimes there may have some sort of update, as i assumed.

---------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Dory, are you still experiencing issues with your StarHub TV? If you do, please PM me the subscriber's details and we'll be in touch. - Sofia

Sofia
Valued Contributor

Thank you @eric37.My setup is HDMI connection between TV and Set-top box. But that's all I know technically! I am a total technical dinosaur in this. Not sure how to adjust the tv resolution. I have tried calling the customer service hotline so that I can get someone over to take a look but no one pick up the call (why am I not surprised!!!). This is frustrating as the few channels that are unviewable are my frequest watched channels. I signed up with starhub when I first moved to SG a year ago because people are telling me it is more reliable than other providers. It turns out Starhub is no different. Its customer support line keep me online forever till i am fed up and hang up. If you have a direct technical request line that you can share, I would be grateful.

Valued Contributor

Hi Sofia,

Yes, i still have the problem. Will pm you my subscriber's detail. Thanks