GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor cable tv reception : Commonwealth

Trusted Commentator

Poor cable tv reception : Commonwealth

Recently have been experiencing drop in cable tv signals, resulting in jerking and pixelated images. I have changed 2 STBs as i initially thought STB (Cisco HD Interactive) faulty. However, even after changing, the problem persist. I had swapped with another older box (Digital) in the spare bedroom to the living and master bedroom, and the problem still persists. Checking on Signal, signal strength is 85 to 100, signal quality varies from 78 to 100 depending on channel, bit error rate tends to fluctuate between 1.0x.8 to 9.xx.x.

Unless i am so unlucky that all 3 cable points are faulty, together with all my STBs. I don't understand why such problem persists.. Is there some cabling or maintenance works going on affecting the signal..? Is there anyone else in my area experiencing same issue..?
8 REPLIES 8
Esteemed Consultant

Re: Poor cable tv reception : Commonwealth

hi!

why not you check with your neighbour that also subscribe to SH, they are more willing to tell you whether do they have the same issue as yours...Smiley Happy

Trusted Commentator

Morning sfans, yea, did check with them, but they are not Starhub TV subscriber. Anyways i already called Starhub Technical Help. An engineer is coming down this afternoon. Lets see what they gonna do and i will update again.

On a side note, i believe its a Starhub signal fault, cos some channels like HistoryHD, H2HD, BioHD tend to be alot worse than others. Fox movies intermittet but quite irritatig watching fave movie and it freezes on an exciting frame.
Hub Master

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Trusted Commentator

The engineer just left my premises. Confirmed that its a fault either at the junction box or wiring along the HDB corridor. Tapped a line directly from point outside my unit to STB, and problem persists. Said will arrange technical team to drop by next week, prob monday to check the lines. Just wondering if the OpenNet installation exercise has affected the cables or something.
Hub Master

Doubt that OpenNet installation of the termination point will affect it. Let the engineers check and get back to you. Be sure to let me know if you require any assistance.
Home is where the ♥ is
New Commentator

Hi Crimson,

Could you pass me the number to service help?

i'm also facing this problem and i live in Bukit Batok. i was unable to get the number from their website. 

thanks you very much and i look forward to ur update of ur problem

Hub Master

Hi funmikeguy

What issues are you facing? Can you elaborate further? Thanks.

Home is where the ♥ is
Trusted Commentator

Hi funmikeguy,

I called 1633 directly. For my case, turns out junction box or distribution box outside the unit faulty. Its the box that splits the signal into various units, located along the corridor.

Do a simple check by seeing the signal strength and quality from STB. Simple fault might just be STB or power cord needs replacing.