GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to record nor switch to SmartTV on GX-SH435EH w myPassport Ultra 1TB

SOLVED
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

No longer able to record nor switch to SmartTV on GX-SH435EH w myPassport Ultra 1TB

It has been a smooth sailing year or so that we have been able to record, view and switch to smartTV. However, the storage device suddenly is not recognized by the set-up box even when the device lit up. Plugging out and pluggin in back the device does not work, not even restarting the whole set. Even though the storage device has been reformatted, it is still not detected. The message with header "USB Storage Device Not Available" and content "Access to Media Centre is not available". To add on, we have been billed and paying the subscription. Do advise.

Thanks and Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)
Solution

Re: No longer able to record nor switch to SmartTV on GX-SH435EH w myPassport Ultra 1TB

I see.  Thanks for the clarification. 

You'll need to format the hard disk via your set top box. Please switch off all your devices (ONT, router, set top box) for at least 10 seconds and then switch them on one by one.

Do attach the hard disk to the set top box thereafter after try re-formatting the device from there.

If you're unable to, send me your NRIC/FIN number, contact number and e-mail via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

- Amy

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Re: No longer able to record nor switch to SmartTV on GX-SH435EH w myPassport Ultra 1TB

Hi @ hidayati

It may be that the external hard drive is faulty. Have you tried reformatting it?

- Amy
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Hi, i've reformatted it - detectable via computer and tried again to the set up box. thanks.
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Glad to hear it's working fine now. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

urm. i tried but it's not working. that's what i mean.
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)
Solution

I see.  Thanks for the clarification. 

You'll need to format the hard disk via your set top box. Please switch off all your devices (ONT, router, set top box) for at least 10 seconds and then switch them on one by one.

Do attach the hard disk to the set top box thereafter after try re-formatting the device from there.

If you're unable to, send me your NRIC/FIN number, contact number and e-mail via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

- Amy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Thank you! It worked! ^^

Regards.
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

That's great! Thank you for the update and have a great week ahead. - Sofia

Sofia
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

This solved the exact same issue! Thanks.

However, unfortunately I had to erase the hard drive. I'm wondering if I knew your method, I might not have to erase the hard drive.

Today, StarHub technician came to my home, and he pointed out WD hard drive is faulty. We erased the HD in different format, Macintosh, NTFS, DOS32, etc. Nothing worked. He couldn't help but recommended for me to bring it to WD service center.

He said to me that my case was the first time, and he couldn't figure out the root cause. I hope such technical issues and solutions posted here are broadly shared within StarHub technicains network!

Community Relationship Manager

@Toshi_i Thank you for letting us know that the method works. This is exactly what the purpose of Community is for - to share solutions and solve problems that you face with your StarHub products and services. We're glad you found the solution here.

Just curious, what made you come to Community to search for the hard drive issue? 

Thanks! -Jolene