GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to record nor switch to SmartTV on GX-SH435EH w myPassport Ultra 1TB

Respected Commentator

No longer able to record nor switch to SmartTV on GX-SH435EH w myPassport Ultra 1TB

It has been a smooth sailing year or so that we have been able to record, view and switch to smartTV. However, the storage device suddenly is not recognized by the set-up box even when the device lit up. Plugging out and pluggin in back the device does not work, not even restarting the whole set. Even though the storage device has been reformatted, it is still not detected. The message with header "USB Storage Device Not Available" and content "Access to Media Centre is not available". To add on, we have been billed and paying the subscription. Do advise.

Thanks and Regards.

7 REPLIES 7
Alumni (Retired)

Re: No longer able to record nor switch to SmartTV on GX-SH435EH w myPassport Ultra 1TB

Hi @ hidayati

It may be that the external hard drive is faulty. Have you tried reformatting it?

- Amy
Respected Commentator

Re: No longer able to record nor switch to SmartTV on GX-SH435EH w myPassport Ultra 1TB

Hi, i've reformatted it - detectable via computer and tried again to the set up box. thanks.
Alumni (Retired)

Glad to hear it's working fine now. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

urm. i tried but it's not working. that's what i mean.
Alumni (Retired)

I see.  Thanks for the clarification. 

You'll need to format the hard disk via your set top box. Please switch off all your devices (ONT, router, set top box) for at least 10 seconds and then switch them on one by one.

Do attach the hard disk to the set top box thereafter after try re-formatting the device from there.

If you're unable to, send me your NRIC/FIN number, contact number and e-mail via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

- Amy
Respected Commentator

Thank you! It worked! ^^

Regards.
Alumni (Retired)

That's great! Thank you for the update and have a great week ahead. - Sofia

Sofia