GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use cable Set-top box on top of Fibre TV package?

Trusted Commentator

Is it possible to use cable Set-top box on top of Fibre TV package?

I am with Cable TV, I received IPTV promotions couple of times but it is not easy to decide, I have multiple cable set-top boxes, to convert to multiple IPTV set-top boxes my house needs to have ethernet cable wired to each room, which is not available, and I don't want the ugly cable trunking.

So I am thinking whether it is possible to get additional cable set-top boxes on top of IPTV package? So I will have Fibre TV set-top box in living room and cable TV set-top boxes in other rooms. No need to do home decoration, no waste of existing coaxial cable setup too.

3 REPLIES 3
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Is it possible to use cable Set-top box on top of Fibre TV package?

Hi sh2sg,

You may continue using cable TV however, StarHub is moving towards IPTV only to further enhance our customers' experience. Do consider and if you'd like, I may arrange a call back for you from our Sales Team. - Han

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

@Hanbali_N wrote:

Hi sh2sg,

You may continue using cable TV however, StarHub is moving towards IPTV only to further enhance our customers' experience. Do consider and if you'd like, I may arrange a call back for you from our Sales Team. - Han

Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood my question. I didn't ask if I have to switch to IPTV, I was asking if I can use Cable Set-top box on an IPTV package.

Grand Guru

Hi,

The IPTV package is combine of both Fibre broadband and Fibre IPTV as bundle.

As there is no option for using Cable Set top box in the IPTV package separately.

However if you do not want Fibre IPTV then you may continue to subscribe to Cable TV.

Currently Cable TV is no longer available for recontract, as to continue without contract when the existing contract expiry.

Should you intend to proceed to take the offer of IPTV package, please send PM forum staff.

i am not starhub staff.