GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image quality lacking compared to cable

Honored Contributor

Re: Image quality lacking compared to cable

@lonewolfsg Thanks for pointing that out, as you gussed, I completely missed it. Just like how she has been missing following up to this thread. Par for course with starhub’s customer support unfortunately.
Trusted Commentator

I just had my cable tv converted to fibre yesterday and instantly noticed a degradation of image quality. This is disappointing and very frustrating. Called the technical people they said there is nothing they could do. Would like to ask if anyone here have this issue resolved? Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Nobody has gotten this resolved as far as I can tell and starhub is acting like the problem doesn’t exists. To them, as long as it’s not some heavy pixelation, they seem to take it as normal. Which I suppose it is. As long as it’s technically 1080, it’s considered “HD”. Never mind the crap bitrate, huge subtitles, moire, stuttering etc. They’re blind to these issues unless it’s ridiculously severe. And even then...

Trusted Commentator

Getting very frustrating and not used to the poorer resolution each time when I turned on the TV. Just feeling short changed by starhub. Now whenever I watch National Geographic channels i don't get to see the details that I used to with the cable. This is terrible.

Honored Contributor

And notice how they aren’t responding? If they do, it’ll probably be a “send a PM” where they’ll ask you to send, of all things, a picture (with your camera.

Starhub does an excellent “ostrich head in sand” when they don’t want to deal with an issue, this being a prime example. 

As an aside, I once had a tele conversation with starhub about how some certain channels had stretch a 4:3 image to 16:9. The dude had no clue what I was talking about. He was allegedly a “technical engineer”. All hope died right there. 

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Apyock

Thank you for your patience in this period of high volumes. How's things now after a reboot of your equipment? 

If the issues recur, please contact our Technical Helpdesk at 1633 or write in via our > Online Feedback Form < where our colleagues will provide you with dedicated assistance.

- Amy
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Good luck with them @Buzzed. I got fed up and pulled the plug. I am no more subscribed to their TV services. Most likely I'll move out of the Mobile as well at the end of the contract.

Honored Contributor

@Unilator That’s the best thing you can do. I’ll probably be ending my subscription as soon as I’m able to as well, it’s just not worth it anymore. And heck, I’m the type who is willing to pay a premium if I see the value in it. 

And notice how Amy has completely ignored me, the thread starter who is still experiencing this issue and is instead asking Apyock to fall into the useless rabbit hole of reboots and form filling. Typical. Well no PMs this time around so I suppose that’s some sort of improvement? 

This sucks. 

Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for your feedback, Buzzed. 

We refer to our last PM in Aug 2018 and have not received a reply from you since. Do provide us with the programmes you're experiencing the image or "soft audio" issue with so we can check this and provide your feedback to the Channel Partners.

If you need further assistance, simply reply to our last PM so we can assist you from there.

- Amy
Honored Contributor

Dear Amy. I did not reply to the last PM as it was clear the starhub did not understand and was ignoring some of the issues I was and am still facing. I am however happy to try this again to resolve these issue. I will reply to that same PM.