GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image quality lacking compared to cable

Honored Contributor

Image quality lacking compared to cable

I just moved onto the fibre tv service from cable. The image quality has taken a drastic dip. Even Netflix looks crappy and I can compare it directly with my Apple TV, a world of difference.

I suspect the bitrate has been seriously hammered down. Heck, it’s obvious. Can anything be done? Cable actually looked so much better. And before you ask, yes I have restarted the box, checked the cables, restart the tv, started a forest fire, sacrificed a chicken, ate the chicken, brewed my own beer... yet the image still looks like the bitrate is seriously gimped. 

36 REPLIES 36
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Image quality lacking compared to cable

Hi Buzzed

This shouldn't be the way. Can I check if you're still experiencing this even after restarting your set top box

Honored Contributor

First thing I did. 

Alumni (Retired)

Can you provide me with your full name, NRIC, contact number and email address via Private Message and we'll keep in touch?

Trusted Contributor

Please share with others what the root cause of the problem was. I have been inundated with calls from Starhub to switch from cable to fibre tv and I was about to make the switch. This scared me off.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Just tried sending you a PM and got an error stating your PM is not enabled. 

Honored Contributor

I will. If they resolve the issue that is. If image quality is a concern for you, I would hold off on switching for now.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Buzzed, appreciate that. Yes, I'll hold off switching to fibre tv.

PS: I checked and PM is enabled in settings. I don't know how else it is turned off. Thanks for trying 

Honored Contributor

Priya_R, for some reason I am unable to send you a PM, it is saying your PM is turned off. Please send me a PM instead and I will follow up.
Respected Advocate

The link to send her a PM is given in her reply 'via Private Message'. Not very obvious though so I dun know why she keeps doing it when everyone keeps missing it.

Easier to just give the link like this >> https://community.starhub.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/242