StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

What a joke your relevant team must be in Jupiter.
Community Manager

Re: Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Hi Mopikoz, 

Our relevant team has checked and I would like to understand how you access to the older links. It would be great if you can provide me with details on accessing the site / page for us to review the matter further.

You can find the updated manuals at http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/device-trouble-shooting/tv/user-guides.html#set-top-box. Thank you.

- Jackson
Esteemed Contributor

Do you even know what are we talking about at first you moron
Trusted Commentator

Hi Starhub,

Can you just let your subscribers know if you are going to revert the favorite button to it's original function or not? 

The current function of the favorite button is not practical and it is as good as removing the button from the remote control altogether.

Community Manager

The team is in the midst of reviewing this feedback and we'll let you know once there's any update.

Esteemed Contributor

Hahah the team has to fly to Jupiter for the info . Please we have heard this lame reply so manny manny times.
Home Networking Expert

Starhub, you can fix this easily by having a few of us sit down with your "engineer" to show them what consumer is expecting. After 9-long months and the engineer are still hiding behind solving other issue?

No need to ask for subscriber name and contact, EVERYONE is having the same problem.

I'm still using one of the older CISCO setop-box and refuse to upgrade coz it's 'painful'

Esteemed Contributor

It’s so simple my kid also can fit it just reverse the firmware that’s all but what to do StarHub has s t u p I d Engineers + penoys and Indians all aliens 👽
Esteemed Commentator

Hi Jackson,

I am totally appalled by the topic-irrelavancy in your statement,

"Our relevant team has checked and I would like to understand how you access to the older links. It would be great if you can provide me with details on accessing the site / page for us to review the matter further."

But I'll humour you.

1. How i accessed the links

I turned on my room lights, sat at my desk in front of my computer and turned it on. Launched Firefox, went to Google and typed the model (GX-SH435EH) of the Samsung set-top box which i have.

The link is

http://www.starhub.com/content/dam/starhub/2016/support/pdf/tv/gx-sh435eh-user-guide-201605.pdf

When i opened up the PDF file, i looked for the part on FAVOURITES. Because THAT IS THE TOPIC OF MY INTEREST - interested to know if something has changed  in the model of the Samsung SetTop box which made the Favourites function not work in the way it should.

And there on page 16, under "Option 1" on "To access a favourite channel". Indicated "Surf your favourite channels by toggling using the FAVOURITE button."

I even searched the model (GX-SH530CF - which by the way, is the TOPIC of this thread), thinking that this different model from mine would work differently.

http://www.starhub.com/content/dam/support/pdf/tv/gx-sh530cf-user-guide-updated-270815.pdf

But no, it provides the same instructions on using the Favourites button as stated before, only this one is on page 17.

2. "Older Links"

Would i know if it is a new or old link ? Do you seriously think anyone would know?

Both the links open up directly into PDF files which have no indication that they are outdated or old.

3. "for us to review the matter further."

Basically, anything to pass the buck back to us consumers eh ?

Well now that I've humoured you and provide more than sufficient details to answer your question(s), here it is, once again, a reminder of the ISSUE at hand.

PLEASE ADVISE WHEN THE FAVOURITES BUTTON WILL BE FIXED SUCH THAT IT WILL WORK THE WAY IT SHOULD.

(Refer to the points in this very same thread - Oh heck, I'll even give you the link :

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Set-Top-Boxes/Favorite-button-on-remote-does-not-work-after-firmwar...)

Thank you

PS. As an example, if you buy a blender and press the "ON" button to turn it on, you would expect it to turn the blender on. If it doesn't turn on, you would likely refer to the instruction manual. If the manual says "Press ON to turn blender on", you would too be appalled and would call the manufacturer or customer service. If they asked you "Which hand did you use to press the button?"

Come on, you are better than this Starhub.

Community Manager

I've alerted the technical team of your request. Rest assured my colleagues will be in touch. 

- Amy