StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Community Manager

Re: Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Hi Davesidhu, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you. 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

You need to help the whole island not only me I am sick of you guys dam shame on you for this horrible service. Not only this button issue but now my home phone line . It’s been a week and stupid StarHub can even settle it. Shame on all you guys there horrible service 👎👎👎👎👎👎
Esteemed Commentator

This firmware upgrade renders the favourite button useless but Starhub is not willing to solve it.

Community Manager

Hi glim

Please elaborate more on the situation for me to bring this up to the relevant department to assist.

(e.g. used to be able to... , what can't it do now...) Thank you.

- Jackson
Esteemed Commentator

Hi Jackson,

Before the upgrade, everytime you press the favorite button it will jump to the next favorite channel. After the upgrade, it doesn't work this way anymore. Instead, it will list the favorite channels and you have to scroll to the channel you want to watch. This process is cumbersome and counterproductive. If you want to quickly scroll through your favorite channels, it is impossible now.

I was told that Samsung unilaterally change this function and Starhub can't do anything about it. The excuse that Starhub, being the customer of Samsung, can't ask them to revert back that function is weak. The irony is that the firmware upgrade is supposed to improve the customers' experience, but it has done the opposite.

Community Manager

Hi glim

Thank you for the details. I'll raise this to the relevant team for them to review and assist on this. Apologies on the inconvenience caused.

- Jackson
Esteemed Commentator

Hi,

When i came to this thread, i was thinking there would have been a resolution to this since this thread started back in early 2018. Now it's 2nd Quarter of 2019, and it looks like this problem still prevails for many of us.

Just got off a call with Starhub and they confirmed they haven't got a resolution to this.

In case this thread gets too lengthy and the main issue gets swept under the carpet, here they are reiterated below :

1. The FAVOURITES button does not allow toggling across a list of favourite channels on the Samsung Fibre Setup Box (Mine are both GX-SH435EH, topic listed is of GX-SH530CF)

2. Pressing the FAVOURITES button, and THEN having to press the UP/DOWN arrows does not make it easier when compared to the previous pre-fibre set-top box days, when pressing the favourites would suffice

3. Pressing the FAVOURITES button now and THEN having to press the UP/DOWN arrows, whilst is able to move through channels, but DOES NOT SHOW what the name of the program being shown in that FAVOURITE channel, until you press "OK", where it then shows the program (which the viewer may not want to watch).

- Previous pre-fibre set-top box days, not only does the FAVOURITES button cycle through all favourite channels, but the name of the program being shown in that channel is displayed, making it easier for viewers to decide if they want to watch the program in that favourite channel.

It has been one year now. Is Starhub really making the effort to make a change like what it claimed in its advertisement, or is this another NATO ("No-Action-Talk-Only") ?

-Frustrated Subscriber

Respected Contributor

StarHub is always full of **bleep** they charge very expensive but deliver 0
Respected Contributor

I am really sick and tired of them worse is they say I will get a follow up call and no mf called me about another issue . I am not sure if this could be logged in case or sue them for bad service and charging do high ?
Esteemed Commentator

And just to be clear, the above points are NOT something i wish for, or are wishlist features. They are listed features in your STARHUB manual for the Samsung setup boxes, ie, they are SUPPOSED to work like what i described above! 

- Samsung GX-SH435EH : See Page 16 (http://www.starhub.com/content/dam/starhub/2016/support/pdf/tv/gx-sh435eh-user-guide-201605.pdf)

- Samsung GX-SH530CF : See Page 17 http://www.starhub.com/content/dam/support/pdf/tv/gx-sh530cf-user-guide-updated-270815.pdf)