GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Hi I am also facing the same problem and I called the StarHub technician support and they say it’s an update that caused this. 

Sometimes I don’t understand why fix or change something that works well . It shows how bad is the R&D department at StarHub . 

It was a lousy upgrade that was planned and a failure in short “STUPID”

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

We are paying so much and Starhub is dam expensive with such a BAD service. Customers have been complaining about this issue for so Long but Starhub is still sitting on it . This is how your service standards is 0?
Honored Commentator

According to Starhub, it is a progressive improvement. When asked how it improves the function, most of Starhub's service staffs do not even know how the button works! This useful button now becomes another useless button in the remote control. Starhub acknowledeged there are many complains about this but the sad thing is they are unwilling to revert it back to it's original function.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Davesidhu

Thank you for waiting. Please rest assured that your feedback on this issue has been shared with our set top box team and we are indeed working on this.

- Amy
Esteemed Contributor

This issue have not been solved since June 2018. Already five months. Our seniors at home unable to easily toggle between favourite channels preset. 

They can only remember a few channel numbers that they always watch.

They used to be able to toggle between favourite channels and watch if that channel happens to show something interesting. 

We subscribe starhub tv for our parents, the package have so many channels and they can only watch a few. What’s the point.

Will consider terminate service if not solve when contract ends.

We subscribed to StarHub tv is because it is easy for them, you think we don’t have alternatives.

@ratatouille wrote:

An update on the situation - a very polite Starhub customer service called. This apparently was due to a firmware upgrade to address other "more serious" customer complaints. Basically, I am stuck with this "feature" till the next "upgrade". To me this is nothing more than a show of the technical incompetence of the "developers" Starhub outsourced their technical support to. 

Esteemed Contributor

June 2018 bring up the issue and now 2018 is coming to the end.
Still nothing is done.
Esteemed Contributor

still no action from Starhub
Esteemed Contributor

still waiting
Esteemed Contributor

still waiting
Esteemed Contributor

StarHub is just dum **bleep**s the **bleep**ed up my phone line application they are just a bunch of stupid idiots there . Switch to other don’t waste your time with StarHub