GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Community Manager

Re: Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Hi Davesidhu, have you received the call back? If no, please provide us the registered name, service address and mobile number so that we may arrange for assistance.

Community Manager

Re: Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Hi Mopikoz, please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address, service address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Esteemed Commentator

Hi Lynn,

I have sent the information as requested. Awaiting response from you or Starhub.

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hahah StarHub is not going to do anything but just make you stupid. They are more interested in the revenue not people like us.
Esteemed Commentator

Well, they've asked for the information just so that they can help. If i didn't send any, they'd say I didn't send them the requested information and so they can't proceed. Now that I've done so, I'll wait and see if anything happens. (Honestly, i am not expecting anything, but at least the ball is in their court now).

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

It’s very simple so solve this issue with another firmware update but they just stupid. I also was asked to sent info and after that I only hear crickets kee kee kee kee kee
Community Manager

We have referred your matter to our technical team for assistance. Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Esteemed Contributor

Hahahah tell us something new you morons
Esteemed Commentator

Hi all,

And so StarHub did eventually call me back.  :-)

1. The Starhub guy on the phone called me twice before the week was up (last week).

a. Called to better understand the issue.

b. Called again and got me to turn on my TVs and setup boxes and he resetted them remotely.

c. Asked me to try the Favourites button, and told me it should work now.

- Had to re-add a few channels into favourites since his reset took off everything

- He told me then to press the favourites button and cycle through using the up/down button

- I told him, "Yeah, that's how it was already was BEFORE you did the reset.

- Had to explain to him ANOTHER time what the issue was. He said he'd have to call me back again on Sunday.

2. Didn't call me back on Sunday, called me back on Monday instead (I'm not picky ;-)). This was roughly how the conversation went between Starhub dude (SHD) and me (Me):

SHD : So sir, i checked with the technical team and they told me that's how the favourites button is supposed to work.

Me : No, that is NOT how it's supposed to work. Before i changed from cable to fibre, the favourites button didn't work this way, and...

SHD : Sir, (trying to be clever) you cannot expect it to work the same way as it did before since it's a different system. This is IPTV and it works a different way.

Me : Well, that's not what is mentioned in your Samsung set top box manuals, found under your Starhub website i might add. If your manuals indicate that the Favourites button work that way, i would take it that that's how it would work.

SHD : Uh... *silence*...

Me : If the favourite button don't work the same way as what your manuals indicate, which by the way, is the same way as the previous cable settop boxes, then you should remove the manuals on your website yes ? You understand my confusion now ?

SHD : Uh..yes i understand.

Me : Look, if you're not able to solve this in the interim, please remove those manuals on the setup boxes on your (Starhub) websites. And when you have this problem resolved, do let me know.

SHD : Uh sir, i understand and i can provide the feedback to the team. But i will not be able to let you know if or when they have those manuals removed...

Me : No, no. (sigh) I'm talking about the favourites button problem. When you have the favourites button issue resolved, let me know.

So that's roughly how it went. It's not verbatim, but in essence that's  the gyst of the conversation. My frustration and anger with Starhub has transcended beyond peaks and fallen into hopeless absolvency for ignorance and idiocy.

Starhub,  perhaps an advice for you would be to first better understand the customer's issue at hand, rather than to blindly push through am incorrect/ineffective fix which does nothing but further fuel customers' ire.

Community Manager

Good morning Mopikoz,

I am really sorry for the unpleasant experience, and have also assisted to inform the relevant team to look into the instruction manuals. Thank you for raising this up.

- Jackson