StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Respected Contributor

Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Hello all,

I wonder whether someone has encountered the same problem after a firmware update on the Samsung set-top box - the favorite button on remote seems to be stuck with the last in the favorite list and pressing the button does not advance the channel anymore. I called 1633 and they have given the instructions to reset the box to factory defaults, but to no avail. Starhub said they would call me within 24h but I wonder whether anyone in this community can help. From what the customer support has said, this is not an isolated problem and is caused by a recent firmware update.

Samsung box is the crappiest set-top box I use to-date. The bad experience has compelled me not to buy any Samsung product from now on since a good company should never produce such a low quality product.

Thanks

Jim

67 REPLIES 67
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

Hi ratatouille,

Can you provide me with the subscribers' details (Full name, NRIC/FIN, mobile number, email) via PM so that I may be able to confirm on the follow up.

- Han

Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite button on remote does not work after firmware update (Samsung GX-SH530CF)

An update on the situation - a very polite Starhub customer service called. This apparently was due to a firmware upgrade to address other "more serious" customer complaints. Basically, I am stuck with this "feature" till the next "upgrade". To me this is nothing more than a show of the technical incompetence of the "developers" Starhub outsourced their technical support to. 

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi ratatouille

Your post worries me. That's not the way we want you to feel. Can you provide me your full name, NRIC, contact number and email address via Private Message so that I can assist you better?  

Senior Commentator

Mine too. It is very frustrating, especially when we are using the Favourite button to save the channels that the elderly likes to watch so they can toggle their favourite channels. Now it cannot be done and only watching channel 8. Seriously considering either cancelling it and revert back to normal free to air, else jump ship to singtel if they can offer the ease of the Favourite button. 

Alumni (Retired)

Hey Ming77,

We are rectifying the issue (; rest assured. Apologies for the inconvenience caused though.

Maybe we could work something out for the elderly so that they can still watch their favourite shows/channels? - Han

Senior Commentator

Sure and appreciate that!  Will be interested to know how Starhub can help, within an acceptable time frame. Understand the issue has been a while and as consumers, we are paying for services that we are unable to use the moment. It will be another disappointment if it will take weeks.

Probably starhub can share how we can go about circumventing the situation, as I am sure my family is not the only one that utilize the Favourite button for toggling of the channels. 

Senior Commentator

Sure and appreciate that!  Will be interested to know how Starhub can help, within an acceptable time frame. Understand the issue has been a while and as consumers, we are paying for services that we are unable to use the moment. It will be another disappointment if it will take weeks.

Probably starhub can share how we can go about circumventing the situation, as I am sure my family is not the only one that utilize the Favourite button for toggling of the channels. 

Alumni (Retired)

Can you provide me with your full name, NRIC, contact number and email address via Private Message and we'll keep in touch?

Trusted Commentator

Hi, I'm facing the same problem. Did you get it resolved? Thanks.