Did you mean: 

Error code: 5004

Respected Commentator

Error code: 5004

4 REPLIES 4
Respected Commentator

Re: Error code: 5004

Hi,

Recently I have this problem AGAIN:  Smartcard inserted wrongly.  Error code:  5004. in both my set up boxes.

It happened to one of my set up boxes three days ago and I had to bring it to the centre to replace it.

Yesterday, this happened to the other set-up box.  Don't ask me to call the hotline as the line is forever HOT  and I cannot afford the time to keep waiting or calling.  In fact, I have been advised to call during off-peak periods which is late at night???

Could someone tell me what causes it and how to resolve the issue?  It happened last year and I replaced both my set-up boxes. This is frustrating.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Patricia, have you tried rebooting the devices?  Switch it off from the main power socket for about 5 – 10 minutes. - Han

Respected Commentator

Yes, I did.  It worked.  Thanks.

By the way, could you tell me the cause of it? Has it got anything to do with the smartcard  or connection issue?

Alumni (Retired)

There are instances where the SmartCard gets affected due to various reasons thus causing errors in the system, internally. The fastest way to resolve it would be via a hard reboot. Technicians or replacements will have to be considered if the issue persists. - Han