StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of analogue TV affect Starhub non-fibre TV?

Senior Advisor

Re: End of analogue TV affect Starhub non-fibre TV?

OIC, notes.

“The IP Switch will be connected to the Fibre TV Set-Top Box . Additional Cabling/ Data Point(s) will be required for additional set-top box(es) “

I guess cabling works is unavoidable if you need 2nd STB.

Senior Advisor

iptv-multiple-set-top-box-set-up

Honored Advisor

Not sure current Cable TV point can change or convert to Fibre point..? 

I'm hope router place in bedroom as my laptop in my bedroom and I perfer use wired..

Senior Advisor

Powerline adapters rely on electrical wiring to provide wired connections but would be suitable for IPTV.”

As per @eric3743 above, I use 2 powerline adaptors to connect router in living room to bedroom. Add a small switch and it works fine for my smart TV, laptop and android box in bedroom. Should work for 2nd STB I think.

Cheaper than having 2 routers. But won’t help your wireless connectivity since dependent on your router, if distance is far. Get a better wireless router.

maxresdefault

Grand Guru

@Eronec wrote:

Not sure current Cable TV point can change or convert to Fibre point..? 

I'm hope router place in bedroom as my laptop in my bedroom and I perfer use wired..

There do have users able to utilize this coaxial point to ethernet for the purpose to convert.

Refer and read this thread from another forum > MoCA Network Setup

Regards.

Honored Contributor

I did receive the letter but it is a standard flyer and it don't match with what I am paying now. It not an offer but is asking people to switch with higher plan. 

Respected Advocate

To sweeten the deal and smooth the transition over to Fibre TV, SH should absorb the cost of the additional trunking and the setting up of additional Data Points in the bedrooms. Or at least subsidy part of the cost

If the cost of trunking and set up of additional data points is too high, many may just opt to forgo the 2nd or 3rd STBs that they currently subscribed to. That means lower revenue stream for SH in future. 

Grand Guru

FYI, if you opt for HomeHub with Fibre TV you can request for 1 Free Trunking or conversion of data point.

I did requested and was given a conversion instead as my original intention is trunking but not necessary as my telephone points are Cat-6 for BTO HDB flat from mid-2013.

Hence i did not pay any additional cost when upgrade from Cable to Fibre TV when they offer me.

Thus i have a saving on the cost on data point and the HomeHub package come with free TV subscription as to pay for broadband subscription.

Regards.

Respected Advocate

Additional cabling/trunking charges are $107.00 per point.

Community Manager

Hi harky

I understand your disappointment. Do kindly send us your details at www.starhub.com/personal/forms/hubbing/switch-to-fibre.html?icid=int-31B-StarHubCM-201808-cm-support and our team assist you on the matter. Thank you

- Jackson