StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of analogue TV affect Starhub non-fibre TV?

Senior Advisor

Re: End of analogue TV affect Starhub non-fibre TV?

StarHub to cease cable services from July 2019

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/starhub-to-cease-cable-services-from-july-2019-108863...

What options are there for older folks?

- switch to fibre (they don’t use internet)

- terminate cable (return TV boxes)

- switch to digital TV (may not be eligible for free digital startup kit now, since they have pay TV)

- switch to Red camp (also needs fibre)

- switch to android boxes (also needs Internet)

Community Manager

Hi harky

We are reaching out to our existing cable customers progressively through various channels including letter, phone call and SMS to provide more information and assistance for a smooth transition to fibre networks.

Rest assured that you would not incur additional cost for moving to fibre networks and subscribing to fibre services.

Simply send us your details at www.starhub.com/personal/forms/hubbing/switch-to-fibre.html?icid=int-31B-StarHubCM-201808-cm-support and our team will be in touch to assist you.

- Amy
Community Manager

Hi Onyx88

In order to bring you better services, we are switching from Cable to
Fibre services. We will be sending a letter to customers who are still holding onto our Cable services to assist them on the upgrade. 

Do not worry as our technicians will be there to help set up everything for you. If you wish to, you can contact us first so that we can inform you on the requirements.

For this, you can fill up the form here at https://www.starhub.com/personal/forms/hubbing/switch-to-fibre.html?icid=int-31B-StarHubCM-201808-cm....

For more information, you can check it out at http://www.starhub.com/personal/for-your-home/switch-to-fibre-network.html?icid=int-31B-StarHubCM-20... well. Smiley Happy Hope this helps.

- Jackson
Honored Advisor

I now having two set top box ( living room & master bedroom), 1 router in living room installed just beside electrical box and having very poor WiFi signal to master bed room, StarHub had no choice and install another point with another router inside my master bedroom. I not sure how your going to allow me to have IPTV and I need my digital phone in living room.

Few months back, I going to recontract with an upgrade to 1G Fibre plus IPTV. But ended installation aborted..

Senior Advisor

Are you on dual broadband? Since u have 2 routers...
I would think having IPTV in bedroom would be a challenge if you do not have a network point there.
You may want to check with SH.
Honored Advisor

Nope, I not in dual broadband, just a normal Fibre. SH did it for me because my master bedroom WiFi signal very poor, my laptop keep on no signal and I paid extra Mobile Data due to overuse.
If SH want me to recontract with them, they should come out an idea and I not allow rewire my house.
Senior Advisor

Oic...

Yours is probably using wireless bridge to connect both routers.

Example below.

I would guess IPTV would work in the same setup, connecting to the respective routers.

I not expert though... leave that to SH.

SF10759-005_EN_v1

Grand Guru

The other options on not rewire or trunking are powerline and mesh network.

Google Wifi mesh are acceptable on wireless and may depend on layout of the premise.

Powerline adapters rely on electrical wiring to provide wired connections but would be suitable for IPTV.

SInce IPTV required wired connected between the ONT Port-2 and IPTV STB (Set Top box).

There was an earlier promotion on HomeHub with options on either 2 sets Google Wifi or Linksys EA8100.

i am not starhub staff.

Senior Advisor

“Since IPTV required wired connected between the ONT Port-2 and IPTV STB (Set Top box).”

Means you need 2nd ONT in bedroom?
No wonder the SH rep mentioned it will be challenging if I have 2nd STB when I was recontracting to IPTV. I only have 1 STB, so pretty straightforward for my case.
Grand Guru

Not 2 ONT(s).

ISP ONT do have at least 4 ports for fibre connection beside 2 telephone ports, if any.

Starhub ONT Port-1 is solely for Internet access and Port-2 is for Fibre TV IPTV, if subscribe to.

As for Ports 3 & 4 are null & void and not in use.

For those who need 2 IPTV STB then there is a switch before the 2 STB.

Refer to > Multiple Set-Top boxes set-up

Each house with 1 FTP are allow to have 2 separate ISP(s) to provide services as Internet and Pay-TV.

Hence there are users who do subscribed to 2 different ISP(s) whereby uses both ports of FTP for Fibre.

i am not starhub staff.