StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to fibre TV

Trusted Commentator

Change to fibre TV

Hi, I have recently changed from cable tv to fiber tv. The tv box connect to a little black box (maybe palm size), can I ask how many little black box should the tv box connect to? 

The technician first visit, he set up the tv box with a little black box. Everything seems fine, everything working. After a few hours, it start to have the error of no IP address assigned and can’t connect to network.

~To cut story short in between of how many times I call in or how many times I restarted the box~

Finally someone from customer service said it’s an StarHub issue backend and will send technician down to see. The technician came down and added one more little black box. It really look wierd with one tv box connect with two little black box, and the little black box need one electric socket each. So now for this tv box, it used 3 sockets. So other appliances socket was removed to use this tv box causing so much inconvenience. 

I know this is a very unusual set up because I checked with many StarHub users and theirs don’t work this way. I would like to understand why do we specially need so many boxes to watch a TV? Thanks  

10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager

Re: Change to fibre TV

Hi, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Trusted Commentator

Anyone has such issue of having more than 1 little black box to your TV box set or know if this is correct set up? Thanks

Community Manager

Hi Elllll, we have replied you via PM. Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Trusted Commentator

Is anyone going to solve my issue? I don’t need the tv box to be restarted backend or to be referred to the sales team. I need some professional to help with the correct set up of the whole box. This is an unpleasant experience because I feel that StarHub in order to solve their backend issue (as mention by 1633 helpline), they just send a technican down to add in more little black box. If that is a correct arrangement, the first technician would have added it. And not till so many days of issue then come add in another one. There are two TV box at my house and so to watch this StarHub program I need to cater 6 sockets just for these boxes. 

Community Manager

We have referred your matter to the relevant team to check on this. Thank you 

Respected Advocate

@Elllll wrote:

Anyone has such issue of having more than 1 little black box to your TV box set or know if this is correct set up? Thanks

It sounds like you are using the Ethernet Over Coaxial Converter (EOCC) for Fibre TV which makes use of the old cable trunking in your house.

It is the correct set-up. That is how EOCC works.

termination-point-in-living-room

Trusted Commentator

Thanks for your reply @lonewolfsg ! The set up is a little different from the diagram you provided for the living room and totally different for the room one. Also the actual set up now in my house is having 6 power adapter which I totally don’t understand. Thanks for your advice, I will try figure out again. At least you bother to help than StarHub which till today have not even contacted me. 

Community Manager

Hi Elllll

Please drop us a PM via your Community Inbox for further updates on your account queries and concerns.

- Amy
Trusted Commentator

Hi Amy, why don’t StarHub drop me a PM to tell me how to solve the problem? First I get a PM to refer me to sales team. Did my issue look like a sales issue? And the link was to fill up some form for new contract/renewal. I replied asking why to sales team. Second PM to me is to tell me my set up box is reset back end. None of PM I receive is relevant to my query.