StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth required for FiberTV over Powerline Homeplug

Senior Commentator

Bandwidth required for FiberTV over Powerline Homeplug

Anyone know the minimum bandwidth required for FiberTV?  I plan to use Powerline Homeplug as re-trunklng is impossible. Point to point throughput of the homeplug is between 160-180 mbps.

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager

Re: Bandwidth required for FiberTV over Powerline Homeplug

Hi kangkc

We're currently offering an alternative to trunking as well. Just head down to our stores to request for a review, and we'll arrange for a date to send our technician down to survey and see if Ethernet Over Coaxial Converters (EOCC) can be applied. 

Hope this helps.

- Jackson
Senior Commentator

Based on EOC page it is only suitable for 1 set top box. I have two set top boxes.

Any further advice ?

Community Manager

Hi kangkc

Please be advised to head down to our shops for further recommendation as this option is exclusively for users who request for it at our physical shop.

Seek your kind understanding on this.

- Jackson
Senior Commentator

Hi,

How or where can I request for an assessemnt whether I can use home plug to use Fibre TV before I recon. Currently on fibre now

Thanks 

Senior Commentator

Hi,
Which store can I go to? I went to Parkway and was asked to call 1633 and the guy has no clue what I was talking about.

Thanks
Respected Advocate

@kangkc wrote:

Based on EOC page it is only suitable for 1 set top box. I have two set top boxes.

Any further advice ?

Starhub now has an EOCC solution that supports up to 4 STBs.

More info >> Ethernet Over Coaxial Converter (EOCC) for Fibre TV

It's not cheap though. The recommended retail prices for EOCC “Master” and “Slave” units will be $85.60 (with GST) and $74.90 (with GST) respectively.

For 2 STB, you will need to pay $160.50. That's even more expensive than trunking. 

Community Manager

Hi thorC, you may visit our selected StarHub main shops for review.

StarHub Main Shops (Plaza Singapura, NEX, Tampines Mall, VivoCity, Jurong Point) >> http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/locate-us/starhub-shops.html

Senior Commentator

Hi,

A tech support guys called and told me that SH will roll out a new promo in APr to include Homeplugs.

Will it still be similar to tcurrent prono of discounted 1GBps BB etc ... excpet wiring the a data point of course?

Thanks

Community Manager

Hi thorC, we currently do not have information on this. Do stay tuned to our website for update. Thank you.