GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one try to use av converter to hdmi as smart tv when using av picture is double image

Highlighted
Esteemed Consultant

Any one try to use av converter to hdmi as smart tv when using av picture is double image

Hi! Anyone trying to convert AV signal to hdmi ? can  i know which converter is the best so far if you are using, care to share the brand and the costs ? thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Hub Master

Re: Any one try to use av converter to hdmi as smart tv when using av picture is double image

What you mean by double image?
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Esteemed Consultant

Re: Any one try to use av converter to hdmi as smart tv when using av picture is double image

hi kai boon,

i have a hub station which is i am now connected to a samsung smart tv, as the smart tv only has hdmi port while the hub station only has composite cable, which when connected, produces two images, only noticeable if you look nearer but from far it seems to be clear. according to the tv technician, i need to get a hub station with hdmi port. 

i know in the market there are selling av converter to hdmi, not sure whether sh knows about this issue when the old hub station don't actually support hdmi output.

do sh sell one of this converter or any converter sh can recommend?

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Hi sfans,

I cant recommend you any converter, but I do have an alternative solution.

Instead of using composite cable(red, white, yellow) you can use component cable(red, blue green). Component resolution is 576i which is almost HD quality. You might already have a component cable lying around the house. If not you can buy for a few bucks only.

Of course the other alternative is to switch setupbox. HD Interactive set-top box is even cheaper than your current hubstation but without recording capability.

http://yul000.wordpress.com/
Highlighted
Esteemed Consultant

Hi Khai,

thanks for the fb, the problm with this new samsung smart tv is that they do not have component ports, only av port and the rests are hdmi ports.

looks like i have to decide whether to upgrade my hub station or need to try out one of those converter in the mkt. 

sfans

Highlighted
Hub Master

I will recommend an upgrade to HubStation HD Smiley Happy
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Esteemed Consultant

Hi kaiboon,
thanks, will consider.
Highlighted
Hub Master

Sure Smiley Happy
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Esteemed Consultant

have a happy time serving the nation !

Highlighted
Hub Master

Sure. If there is anything that need my help, just look for me here.
Home is where the ♥ is