StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After install Starhub Cable TV, TV no sound.

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

After install Starhub Cable TV, TV no sound.

This October my M1 broadband expired. then i signup with starhub for new cable broadband came with free cable tv, and "before install Starhub cable TV, my samsung LCD TV working fine."

Here come the frustrated experience. First no signal then 1st technician came and fix everything, but last thing i didn't check.. the sound. So I called to arrange for second check. then this second starhub technician came to my house checked, and said that the no sound problem is no cause by them and  I should contact my own TV man to fix the problem. The pushing crap again!! then I called Samsung, they said: "warranty expiry, $155 for checking only."

I pay starhub 2 year broadband+ free cable tv: $597, spoil my TV, then I need to pay to buy new similar tv at least $350++

Shall I call it a happy Starhub experience with extra $155 or $350 spent for nothing?

2 REPLIES 2
Home Networking Expert

Re: After install Starhub Cable TV, TV no sound.

Connect yout TV directly to the wall socket and see if you can get sound from the FTA channels like CH 5 and CH 8. If no sound then TV problem if got sound then starhub problem.

Valued Commentator

Re: After install Starhub Cable TV, TV no sound.

A week ago, before I signup for starhub, my TV connected directly to wall socket and I can watch channel 8, U etc with perfect sound. Now no sound at all.