GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find PostPaid data roaming rates "per 10kb" for Malaysia, Thailand & Vietnam?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Where to find PostPaid data roaming rates "per 10kb" for Malaysia, Thailand & Vietnam?

Hi, may i know where to find postpaid data roaming rates "per 10kb" for Malaysia, Thailand & Vietnam?

Can only find pre-paid roam rates "per 10kb" for the above countries.

Seems like the info for post-paid roam rates is removed, only showing those Data Travel Plans.

Or the rates are the same for prepaid & postpaid?

Thanks.

Everyone's Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Where to find PostPaid data roaming rates "per 10kb" for Malaysia, Thailand & Viet

Hi Jolene, yes, thanks for the info.

Finally found the answer in the haystack of FAQ.

Ans: $0.02 per KB Smiley Very Happy Heart

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Where to find PostPaid data roaming rates "per 10kb" for Malaysia, Thailand & Viet

Hello, @hapibear.

Postpaid roaming is set at a fixed prices for a set amount of data. Once your data is fully utilized, excess data usage will be charged based on prevailing DataTravel Unlimited or RoamEasy Plans you're subscribed to.

Honored Contributor

Hi Daneul,

let's say if i didn't subscribe to any data travel plans (data travel, data unlimited or RoamEasy) and i incurred 10kb data at Malaysia, Thailand & Vietnam,

how much will i be billed as a postpaid starhub subscriber? Thanks.

Community Relationship Manager

Hi @hapibear you will need to have international roaming or pay as you roam activated before being able to roam overseas. For international roaming/pay as you roam usage charges without DataTravel, refer to https://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/travel-roam/travelling-overseas.html -Jolene 

Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Jolene, yes, thanks for the info.

Finally found the answer in the haystack of FAQ.

Ans: $0.02 per KB Smiley Very Happy Heart

View solution in original post

Community Relationship Manager

Thanks for sharing it here, @hapibear .

may I know the reason for asking the rates without Data Roaming plans? -Jolene 

Honored Contributor

hi Jolene, actually, i wana compare the rates across the telcos.

my dad alws exceeded the datatravel plan 1gb/3days whenever he went overseas so trying to find better plans to prevent or reduce the exceeded data charges. lol.

hopefully, starhub will adopt the practice of "cease data once exceeded" one day. thank you.

Administrator

Hi @hapibear 

Is Data Travel Unlimited something he will consider? 

https://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/value-added-services/roaming/postpaid-ro...

Or is he already hitting the max every day? 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

hi Howard,

well, unlimited at $19/day is ex for light users like my dad, but sometimes, they aren't careful n exceed the roam data by few kb/mb n the costs are way too high. imagine paying $10 for 0.5mb, equaivalent of 1 webpage with only text.

as suggested earlier, maybe starhub can adopt the practice of "cease data once exceeded".

This'll certainly reduce the no. of calls requesting for waivers. lol. Smiley Very Happy 

Administrator

Hi @hapibear 

You can ask your dad to consider stacking the 1GB/3 days plan. 

For example, if he typically uses up to 2 GB within 3 days, ask him to add on 2x 1GB/3days which is $5x 2 = $10. 

We have just soft launched our Ideas Exchange where community members can contribute ideas for StarHub through a transparent process. Please give it a go!

Ideas Exchange

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy