Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Unexpected and Suspicious High Roaming Charges

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Re: Unexpected and Suspicious High Roaming Charges

Hi,

I travel for work often and I got International Roaming enabled on my postpaid plan. A number of times, when I am oversea, I turned on Roam Easy service which is basically start your first block of 100MB of roaming data at $10, to read my emails and navigate my direction using Google Map. And I often used less than 100MB in 24hrs. Also, my account is set up with DataRoam Cap and Daily Data Roaming Usage alert for $50,$100, $500 and so forth. I also had the StarHub app downloaded and logged in to double check that. 

This afternoon, I received 2 High Alert SMSes from StarHub asking me to call +6568201633 about high roaming usage noted. There was no further clue or message about how much data was clocked. But obviously, the dataroam cap and daily data roaming usage did not work. Worried, I called IDD from Sydney to +6568201633 and went through the IVR confusion to finally speak to an agent but I have explain everything to her 2 times before she agreed to check. After she checked, she told me that they noticed I had incurred $1000+ of roaming charge within that short period of few hours. I told her that was suspicious and I asked her for guidance on what to do next. She just told me to wait for my bill and call the call center as they need time to investigate instead of offering to give a waiver. I pleaded to her to see herself in my situation - I followed what you asked to do in your sms, I incurred close to 13 mins IDD calls with you and all you could do is please wait for the bill which will show you $1000+ roaming charge then you call the call centre. How amazing was that an experience? In the end, I decided to hang up because she could not help me further with her canned answer and putting me on hold a few times. 

Highlighted
Community Relationship Manager

Re: Unexpected and Suspicious High Roaming Charges

Hi Kateliew, please send me a private message stating your StarHub Account number, registered name, NRIC/FIN, email and contact number so that we can get in touch. Thank you -Jolene