cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Germany

Esteemed Commentator

Roaming in Germany

This is the sequence of the events:

1) I have activated data roaming both in my phone and Starhub Prepaid App on May 4th while in Singapore, top up my main balance and subscribed to $25 - 4week 4G data. Please note that the apps that I setup to access mobile data is only Whatsapp and nothing else. main balance was around $10.

2) The moment I reached Europe, it first alerted me of some roaming messages, how to call SG, how to SMS, and their charges. Then suddenly I receive a message that my roaming data is deactivated because main balance fell below $3. So I top up another $10 to activate roaming data again.

3) Only few minutes later, this balance also gone, and alerted me again that main balance is below $3.

4) So I was thinking that network is not stable and incurring me some charges, etc.

5) I waited until today, May 16th, and top up $30 to main balance to activate roaming data. I received a message that it is activated, and was able to send FEW whatsapp messages, and then, its suddenly GONE again, and roaming data is deactivated as main balance fell below $3

6) I dont know whats happening and dont want to waste anymore money. Could you please clarify whats happening here?

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Roaming in Germany

Hi ea-delarosa, 

Thank you for the details. I see your PM and will assist you there shortly. Thank you. Smiley Happy

- Jackson
Esteemed Commentator

I wish you could have explained a bit in detail instead of sending me a link which I obviously read before I activated Starhub's roaming service.

You provided for more questions than answers.

Now, check this link for GERMANY

https://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/value-added-services/roaming/prepaid-roa...

and tell me where my 1GB++ data went, only thing I was able to do is send 3 Whatsapp messages and thats it. Cost me $30. I hope you know what your job, and know how much kbyte/byte a whatsapp message is.

Community Manager

I've sent you a PM regarding your prepaid roaming issue. Thank you.

Esteemed Commentator

Please refer to the link that I sent you above, because it is NOT HIGH as your PUBLISHED RATE. And read my first post instead of me repeating myself again WHAT IS MY CONCERN because you haven't answered my question yet
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

You haven't answer my question @JacksonTZG
Community Manager

Hi ea_delarosa,

As explained twice, Germany is not covered under our Happy Roaming, thus your data bundle will not be used for data usage. When a location is not covered by our Happy roam, your main wallet will be deducted directly for Data usage. 

I will reply the rest of the information via Private Message as it contains your personal information. If you don't mind, let us continue there for us to assist you easier. Thank you.

- Jackson