cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming data charges waiver

Highlighted
New Commentator

Roaming data charges waiver

Hi StarHub, I would like to write in to seek for a waiver of the excess accidental data charges incurred during my time in Australia and Japan from 10 Nov to 6 Dec 2019. 
I had the impression that my phone SIM did not have overseas roaming.
It was only after receiving my phone bills for this month and the SMS hat I was aware of this fact. This was really a genuine mistake on my part with costly consequences. I sincerely hope there can be a waiver of the charges.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Roaming data charges waiver

Hi @Fstspec, please note that you need to turn OFF "Mobile Data" and "Data when roaming" on your phone to avoid incurring accidental data roaming charges in the future. For your request to waive your accidental data charges, please contact us through Facebook Messenger or Twitter Direct Message to further assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience as I don't have the capacity to check your account details. 

~ Carla

~ Carla
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Re: Roaming data charges waiver

We also do want an option to disable data roaming from starhub end seeing that most mobile phone today support dual sim and we may want to roam on other data provider without the hassle of removing starhub sim card. Its to say starhub have the technology to do it but decide to hold customer hostage.