Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing calls barred in roaming

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Commentator

Outgoing calls barred in roaming

I have prepaid singapore number. My number is (Removed to protect personal perticulars).

I am roaming in kuala lumpur.
I am not able to make any outgoing calls. It says - all outgoing calls are barred.
I urgently need to make calls. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Commentator
Solution

Re: Outgoing calls barred in roaming

I experienced the same problem in ALL countries other than Singapore e.g whenever the SIM is roaming. I tried everything including all of the StarHub suggestions for passwords to deactivate call barring and sending USSD codes etc. to no avail. I also had the SIM replaced and tried it in multiple handsets again to no avail.  On all occasions, I had only purchased a WOW Data Plan with no call bundles.  It turns out that I was still able to make outgoing calls by entering the prefix *116* number, followed by #, even with call barring active.  I don't know if call barring is deactivated if a call bundle is purchased but outgoing calls do appear to work using the *116* number #  method.  It is not clear from the StarHub website that this prefix is mandatory for making outgoing calls from prepaid SIMs when roaming.  The # following the number to be dialed is also essential.  Hope this helps?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hi Vishal, we've received your PM at Facebook and will be replying you there.

For future account related queries, please direct your query over to Facebook messenger  (http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) so that we can log a case for you and respond to you there. Thank you!

- Julaina
Esteemed Commentator
Solution

I experienced the same problem in ALL countries other than Singapore e.g whenever the SIM is roaming. I tried everything including all of the StarHub suggestions for passwords to deactivate call barring and sending USSD codes etc. to no avail. I also had the SIM replaced and tried it in multiple handsets again to no avail.  On all occasions, I had only purchased a WOW Data Plan with no call bundles.  It turns out that I was still able to make outgoing calls by entering the prefix *116* number, followed by #, even with call barring active.  I don't know if call barring is deactivated if a call bundle is purchased but outgoing calls do appear to work using the *116* number #  method.  It is not clear from the StarHub website that this prefix is mandatory for making outgoing calls from prepaid SIMs when roaming.  The # following the number to be dialed is also essential.  Hope this helps?