GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data roaming service in malaysia happy roaming

New Commentator

No data roaming service in malaysia happy roaming

I have traveled to Malaysia yesterday. and found the data roaming was not working. I don't face this problem when I travel to US and India. I found there were a lot discussion on this issue.

I am going to Malaysia in next 2 weeks. Any improvement on this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: No data roaming service in malaysia happy roaming

Hi Derek, we will advise you to reinsert the sim card to see if the issue persist.

Please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
New Commentator

Hello. Sorry to highjack the thread. Im currently facing the same situation now. I activated roaming thru starhub app for 3days. Then switch the roaming data on when i arrived here this morning ni KL. Unfortunately it does not work. Im using samsung s8. Need help. Thanks.
Community Manager

Hi Francis, send us a PM with the subscriber name and prepaid mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we'll look into this. 

Senior Commentator

Dear Starhub,

I would like to seek clarification on the exorbitant charges in my latest Starhub bill. 

On 14 April, prior to my trip to China, I had sent an sms to the number "6818" to purchase a DataTravel plan, as per information on Starhub's official website. As I received no confirmation of the purchase from Starhub, I decided to send two more repeated smses to ensure that my instruction goes through.

However, upon receiving my latest bill, I realised that my DataTravel plan was only activated on 23 April, 7 days after my first sms to "6818". I'm now being charged a whopping $250.9590 for 10 days of the DataTravel Unlimited plan that I didn't expressly consent to. 

Can anyone kindly explain how long it would usually take for a DataTravel plan to be activated after sms?

Community Manager

Hi Alex, please remove sim and try again. Do ensure that mobile data roaming is enabled on your handset. If issue persist, PM us with the affected mobile number, https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq   

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is