cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE OVERSEAS

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

NO SERVICE OVERSEAS

First time overseas with this SIM card.  I'm in the USA and I get NO SERVICE.  Tried rebooting iPhone.  Tried manually selecting each USA carrier.   Waited for hours still and NO SERVICE.  

4 REPLIES 4
Alumni (Retired)

Re: NO SERVICE OVERSEAS

Hi @DONUSA, are you able to test your SIM card on another device to see if you're still experiencing the same issue? - Sofia

Sofia
Valued Commentator

Yes.  Problem has been resolved.  Turns out I need to sign up for one of the roaming services. Eve just for voice.   I am new to Starhub.  My previous provider had a default roaming service (voice and data) that applied no matter whether you signed up for one of their roaming services or not.  This way, anyone arriving in a foreign country would at least have a signal, then get a SMS message that roaming was on and options to select a plan or turn it off.  With Starhub, you need to have planned ahead and selected the plan you want or you get No Service.    

I prefer the other carriers method.  I don't want to be bothered with selecting a plan in advance.  The SIM should be smart enough to know it is in another country and give me options on the spot.  In may case I need to land and call my driver, but had now way to reach him.  Super inconvenient!  No pay phones around (rememeber those day).  I had to buy a local SIM at the airport to make just one call to the driver.  

Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for the update and your feedack, @DONUSA. Rest assured that I'll share this with the relevant team. - Sofia

Sofia
New Commentator

Hi,

after one week without issue, I now can't access any mobile network and have no service.

I absolutely need to get asap the connection to allow payments with double identification.

I've got two phone numbers with this issue: 8321 7915 and 8163 7195

Please solve the issue asap.

My contact: paul.guillaumot@gmail.com

Paul