cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insidious Data Travel Roaming plan

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Insidious Data Travel Roaming plan

There is something seriously wrong with the Data Travel Roaming plan.  It seems I have to be on a roaming plan before I can buy a DT package but when the DT package is expired, high roaming charges kick in automatically.  When I buy the DT Asia package, that's all I want to pay, nothing more.  So upon expiry, it should not overflow into another plan.  There are not enough measures in place to protect the user and unintentional roaming can easily happen.  I believe Starhub is profiteering funfairly rom this scheme.

I am not a happy starhub customer and will probably cease to be one soon.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Insidious Data Travel Roaming plan

Hi @cswee, just want to let you know that once the data bundle in your DataTravel plan has been fully utilized or has expired, then your data usage will be charged if your roaming is still turned on. With that being said, I suggest that once your DataTravel has expired please turn off your roaming to avoid incurring excess data charges. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My argument is that there should not be an overflow into the expensive roaming plan when the DT expires.  I only want to use what I paid for DT.  I am forced to enter a roaming plan which I do not want.  I feel Starhub profits unreasonably from situations like this where one unintentionally or accidently overflows when the DT expires.  The default should be to stop roaming and have the user activate roaming if required.

Highlighted

I highly suggest that if you don't want to incur accidental roaming charges once your DT expires to please turn off your roaming service. Also, we do appreciate your feedback on our service. You may post your feddback on Ideas Exchange wherein users can share their idea and comments to help improve StarHub services. Once an idea gets at least 20 likes from the community then it will go through an evaluation process. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would obviously turn off the roaming service once the DT expires or even berore, if I could.  Your customers are not complete idiots!!.  

Sometimes it's not always convenient and it's easy to overflow unintentionally.  The default is to cancel the roaming automatically instead of letting it fallback into a high rate plan.  It's a snare for your customers and an unfair practice.