StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Data Roaming charges....and we didn't even use any data or witch data on abroad!

Respected Commentator

Huge Data Roaming charges....and we didn't even use any data or witch data on abroad!

I've just spent some wonderful days in the Maldives which have been totally overshadowed by a huge dataroaming bill from Starhub.....for data that I havent even used. There was no sms from you guys telling us how much data would cost, and we switched our data OFF as soon as we arrived into the hotel as there was free WiFi. Until that time the phone was on airplane mode. So no data being used at all. Despite this I have a massive (close to S$1000) worth of charges for data. I'm dealing with your very rude and unhelpful billing department who have no sympathy. Have others had these problems with the biling department?

Come on Starhub - I am a customer of 19 years and I know you can do better than this. 

Really not very happy

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Huge Data Roaming charges....and we didn't even use any data or witch data on abroad!

Hi @ raivadera

Sounds like you've been through quite a lot. Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, account details, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll check on this for you. 

- Amy
Respected Commentator

Re: Huge Data Roaming charges....and we didn't even use any data or witch data on abroad!

Have sent you a message Amy - please help me to resolve this. 

New Commentator

Raivadera - did Starhub help you in any way? We are in the same situation, only that the bill is significantly higher than yours :-)

Best,

Jo

Administrator

Hi nbsjo3, please send me a private message with your full name, NRIC, contact number and email address along with details of your request. Thank you 

Senior Commentator

We're going to the Maldives in a month and would like to avoid this situation.

Any advise to share? Should we be completely paranoid and remove our SH sim cards?
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Just be very very careful and make sure all your data is switched off, and it may be sensible to remove Singapore Sims and maybe go local. The data charges are eye-wateringly huge. Starhub were (eventually) good about it and rectified my situation but only after I posted on this forum. Otherwise their telephone customer service were fairly rude, and insistent that it was not their doing. Goid luck and above all, have a FABULOUS time in The Maldives!!